Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Raging

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheInfamousDrK

10-06-2010

Bleh. I'm really upset. I'm in ranked queue and I get into a game.

Champion select. Everything is going fine, people are picking. I have 4th pick and basically, I wait for the 5th to select so I can complement. The person chooses Akali with 13 seconds left to choose.

I click Morde. Nothing. I SPAM Morde. Nothing.

10 seconds later, I am Tristana. I have never played her. I am forced to leave rather than feed and give my team who would have had a good chance to win, a loss.

I did the right thing.

Yet I am penalized ELO and I get a loss to boot. And a leave: My first leave in ranked.

I am sad. I am upset. I want my stats back

*Disclaimer: I know I'm not that good. I'm getting better, and this thread isn't about my rating or KDA.*

TheInfamousDrK

10-06-2010

Oh and also, if anyone wants to duo? I think my skills at the moment are 1300+ at least. Just having a hard time getting there with leavers.

Swampf0x

10-06-2010

You were forced to leave?

Do you know how to follow a build and hug a tower? Tristana is probably one of the easiest champions to pick up and play for the first time.

TheInfamousDrK

10-06-2010

Really? So you could, having never played her, done well? Do you know that for a fact? Tristana is also one of the easiest in the game to kill, to dive, and to generally screw over if not played well.

Bar00dy

10-06-2010

So instead of at least giving your team a chance to win you decided to give EVERYONE a lose... Smart choice...

So not only did you "ruin" your stats you helped ruin other peoples too? And you think you made the right decision?

Nagus

10-06-2010

Honorable move.

But you could've still played on. The risk of feeding though...

You probably did the right thing.

Nagus

10-06-2010

Quote:
Bar00dy:
So instead of at least giving your team a chance to win you decided to give EVERYONE a lose... Smart choice...

So not only did you "ruin" your stats you helped ruin other peoples too? And you think you made the right decision?

I think he dodged, receiving a loss and a leave.

JumboCactaur

10-06-2010

Assuming he had his rune pages/masteries set up for Mord, suddenly playing Tristana would be very sub-optimal.

Plus, having zero experience with her is an easy way to feed. Mord is an ability spammer, Trist isn't. They play very differently.

KOZZAK

10-06-2010

You're telling me that you can't play a ranged champ with enough skill to at least not feed? Maybe you couldn't do well, but at least you wouldn't feed, and that's enough sometimes. At least you could have tried.

You deserve the leave for being a quitter who thinks he can't win just because of champ selection.

TheInfamousDrK

10-06-2010

@ Kozzak:

And if it had random picked ANYONE I had skill with I would have played on. Morgana, Mordekaiser, Shen, Rammus, Xin, Taric, etc. I can play around 8-10 champions competently so far. I could branch out and play a couple more on a whim with decent runes (remember we are level 30), and maybe my masteries set up.

However, playing a ranged carry when I really have never played a ranged carry is nigh impossible. I'm not even qqing that much.

@ Jumbo & Nagus: Thanks. I know that it's just one of those things, but I liked having 0 leaves. >.<