Border trim Yegg was wrong!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quackas

11-14-2012

In a thread titled Season End FAQ Yegg said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Correct, the loading screen border trim won't show up in normal games.
But this doesn't seem to be true at all, my Ranked Solo q for SR trim is showing up in ALL game modes and I HATE it! I didn't play ranked except for the VERY start of Season 2 my elo for SR wasn't representative of my skill level anymore. I know some people are upset cause they have higher elos in their teams but it only shows Solo Q elo for the trim as well.

I was wondering if it was possible to turn off this trim or will I have to submit a player ticket to get this turned off? Riot says its a reward for finishing in silver in Season 2, I think a reward is something the person actually WANTS not something forced on him that makes him stress about appearing worse then he actually is.

ClamFace

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackas View Post
In a thread titled Season End FAQ Yegg said But this doesn't seem to be true at all, my Ranked Solo q for SR trim is showing up in ALL game modes and I HATE it! I didn't play ranked except for the VERY start of Season 2 my elo for SR wasn't representative of my skill level anymore. I know some people are upset cause they have higher elos in their teams but it only shows Solo Q elo for the trim as well.

I was wondering if it was possible to turn off this trim or will I have to submit a player ticket to get this turned off? Riot says its a reward for finishing in silver in Season 2, I think a reward is something the person actually WANTS not something forced on him that makes him stress about appearing worse then he actually is.
If you read what he posted after, he says they changed it so it shows up in normals too.

Quackas

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClamFace View Post
If you read what he posted after, he says they changed it so it shows up in normals too.
Well that's highly misleading but you didn't answer my question... is it possible to get this turned off? Doesn't really matter now I'll be sending in a ticket anyways.

Sir Middleton

11-14-2012

well if you have no border, most people will assume ur in elo hell, which is even worse than silver elo.

Quackas

11-14-2012

Or that you just don't play ranked; LIKE ME! I stopped playing ranked 8 months ago just after Season 2 started this trim isn't representative of my skill level and it's ridiculous that it shows up in every queue not just the one you earned it in.

Quackas

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClamFace View Post
No where in that thread does Yegg say they changed it may be it was in a different thread but I can't find it...

Quackas

11-14-2012

This doesn't bother anyone else?