To Creep or Not to Creep

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grollm

11-14-2012

Ok so I don't often play adc, but I know enough of the mechanics to know that you need to last hit minions and not hit minions more than once in order to not push the lane. I am by no means the best creeper, but on average I'm usually at 65-80 at around 10 minutes. Not the greatest, but not terrible either. I ran into this last game and I didn't really know how to handle it. The Caitlin I was laning against, wasn't creeping. Like wasn't even trying or maybe she was just so bad that she didn't know how to. Regardless, she wasn't creeping so any last hitting I did pushed the lane. So what do I do in that situation? Do I continue to last hit as usual and then when the lane gets pushed fall back and let the wave come back? or do I purposely miss some cs in order to keep lane in the middle of lane or pushed more towards my tower?

BlueLeaderOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Farm > Harass > Kills. Last-hit as usual, and if the lane pushes, the support should place a ward down river so the area out front of dragon and the tri-bush is visible. If the support doesn't get a ward, then get one on your first recall to help out(just an extra 75 gold). Keep an eye on your minimap and play carefully. An unfarmed/unfed cait won't get very far.

Also, stop saying "creeping." It's weird :|

Grollm

11-14-2012

Ok that's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure that was the right course of action since I don't play adc often.

BlueLeaderOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

No worries. Just farm, harass, and watch your minimap like a hawk for mia's. DO NOT COUNT ON YOUR TEAM TO CALL EVERY MIA. If you miss an mia it's as much your fault for not noticing as much as it is for the other lane for not calling it. Protip: if you look at the scoreboard(press "o"), players that are in the fog/mia are greyed out, and players that are visible are lit up. You can use that to your advantage for quick checking =)

adc

Master Recruiter

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLeaderOne View Post
No worries. Just farm, harass, and watch your minimap like a hawk for mia's. DO NOT COUNT ON YOUR TEAM TO CALL EVERY MIA. If you miss an mia it's as much your fault for not noticing as much as it is for the other lane for not calling it. Protip: if you look at the scoreboard(press "o"), players that are in the fog/mia are greyed out, and players that are visible are lit up. You can use that to your advantage for quick checking =)
Actually, it's not your teammate's fault at all. It's entirely your fault for not having wards up and not watching your map. Your teammate has just as much to focus on as you do, if not more, considering you're bottom lane. They have to deal with the jungler far more often than you do, they have to deal with an enemy who does enough burst to kill them instantly (or to shove them off CS, in terms of top lane), and they have to manage CSing as well. MIAs are a courtesy, not a "right".

Have a ward at drag, in tri, and in the lane bush and bottom lane is basically 100% ungankable except by a select few heroes (eve, TF, noc). As a general rule, try to look at the map each time you or an opponent gets a last hit - of course, don't look at the map if you need to concentrate on those 3 last hits in a row, look after you get all of them. You won't miss farm this way, and you'll always have good map awareness.

Grollm

11-14-2012

Thank you so much for the insight guys. I want to my game up a notch. I didn't do very well in Season 2 and that partially because I solo queued as a support. Once I started to play more carry roles I was able to win a better percentage of games then solo queue as support. This season I want to at least hit silver. Silver is my minimum my goal is Platinum.