Zilean

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

de Dust

11-14-2012

Zilean -- how does he perform as a champ? Is he worth picking up for my support arsenal?

??/10

Kyrie Friegraf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

One of the superior harassment champions, some people literally have no idea what to do when Zilean pops out and bombs them in lane. He also has the longest, and one of the heaviest, slow/hastes in the game. His harass is so great he can win mid or top and function as a psuedo APCarry in addition to another one, providing burst and a hell of a lot of utility. Plus if he's built AP he can put his ult on someone and restore literally their entire health bar when they would otherwise die.

Worth picking up period, but I don't rate him because there are situations where he's not good (Kill comps, enemy champions with harass damage equal to his doublebomb) and he basically has no passive past lv.18.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-14-2012

As a support he has great zoning, as his bombs deal a truck load of damage. However, he doesn't have an effective way to protect the ADC save for a slow and his ult. And any support with sustain can generally mitigate most of his damage. 4/10 early game 6/10 mid game 3/10 late game

As a mid lane he brings a lot of damage to the table. However, as a carry he begins falling off later in the game. He is strong at putting you team ahead for the late game, however his role slowly becomes more about supporting the team with his utility. Because of the farm/kills he is allowed, his late game is much better than support Zilean because of it. Though your team may be missing out on damage out put. 7.5/10 early game 8.5/10 mid game 7/10 late game

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-14-2012

he is pretty decent, yet niche all at once.

CowMeat

11-14-2012

Some pro teams use him mid. I think they are better supports.

Fs Son0fSilas

TwistWrist

11-14-2012

I wouldn't buy him as a 0 CS supports. Probably use him mid.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-14-2012

^ having thought I was an awesome suppport Zilean I started my ranked carreer with him...mistake

His bombs hurt, but one good gank from the enemy jungle and either you or your AD is dieing, simple as that (no protection for AD; no heals or stuns or knock-ups or knockbacks...just one slow/haste ). He also uses so much mana that by 6 when he gets his best skill, chances are he won't be able to use it. If the enemy has any way to sustain or poke or disable (90% of all supports) then he won't keep them zoned out for long. His bombs will also push the lane and mess up last hitting for his AD. By mid game he picks up a bit because he synergizes with more people, mini team fights + a few more items, but late game he completely fallls off the map. Almost no AP, no where near max CDR, and 1 team fight = Zero mana. He suffers from what (present-day) Karma suffers from, and that's a need for a LOT of income.

chide da jungler

11-14-2012

super strong team oriented mage.

pros
-wins many lanes 1v1 (ex: vlad)
-excellent ultility
-good addition to poke-comp teams

cons
-his power lays in supporting teammates with his ult, therefore if they suck your ult also sucks
-lower damage compared to many AP carries
-no stun

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-14-2012

he is not picked much for a reason. his ult for one is not something that will nuke enemy teams, cc them, or things like that. you save someone on rare occasions, most times they die again, or the enemy switches targets when they see zileans ult on them. his slow does no damage at all. sure it is a good slow for a slow, but no damage at all, and keep in mind slows are not as good as stuns, knock ups, pulls, fears, snares. he has a move dedicated to reducing cooldowns, he could of just had short cooldowns and that not be there. but he is time themed so this makes sense to fit that theme.

any who, he is rarely picked now a days, and i'd say 7/10