Public Service Announcement: Normal Games=/=Prac Games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Takalah

10-07-2010

until Riot tells me I can't try out new heroes in normal games.. hush.

BlazingFury

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
Personally, I turn to normal games if I want to try out something new or just have some fun since it doesn't count to a ranking or anything. I save the srs mode for ranked games...that's usually how it goes for level 30's anyway.
Thanks, even riot are forgetting the casuals now..

Truly that gave me a lot less respect for you.

Kalerwen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2010

Riot caters to casuals actually.

Katana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-07-2010

i never even read swains skills and played him in a normal game and went like 6-1. This story is cool and irrelevant.

TacoBellAssassin

10-07-2010

im so good i can test new champs in normal games and still get a positive kda

pannra

10-07-2010

Who the hell are you to tell me what to do? It's just normal dude, I'll play however I want TY.

Tl;dr Normal is the new practice.

BlazingFury

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalerwen View Post
Riot caters to casuals actually.
I beg to differ, my opinion of casual is playing on normal, still having a laugh and having a chance to win, ranked is where we're forced to ban champions and deal with well in some cases elite a**holes. I personally don't enjoy ranked due to the banning system, never have never will. Not because oh QQ my champion got picked because it's FOTM bans, rather than actual strategic, or in solo that seemed to be the case.

I'm mainly a normal player and the amount of times i've seen completely.. useless builds so to speak is untrue, and those who go "yeah, testing a new champion" "why play normal?" "because normal = practise" is majorly aggitating, I had a player testing eve at 30.. I'm a guy of 804 wins 738l and yet I have to deal with these people.

It's not quite fair because I enjoy the sporting chance but not raging hardcore. I think by your meaning of casual is catered too much you mean because most ranked features aren't in yet : replays, observer mode, champion balance and so forth, but that's something that was around before casuals on this game.

-BlazingFury
[I imagine people go OMFG he put his name in the post, please get over the carlos fiasco, people do it].