I thought Flash was getting removed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fistful of Force

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HateYerGuts View Post
Free recall scrolls. Check.

Free blink dagger. Check.

Definitely need more easy.
Convenience =/= easy...

You need a certain amount of experience to use a blink dagger and tp to its fullest degree even in dota.

It's a pain when the other side goes 3 tanks/1support/1offtank ~.~

In early game battles its just too hard to kill them, meaning they can push early.

HateYerGuts

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistful of Force View Post
Convenience =/= easy...

You need a certain amount of experience to use a blink dagger and tp to its fullest degree even in dota.
I guess it takes a semblance of skill yes. The range is longer too, but you pay for the privilege.

I forgot to mention no denying, but I kind of like that to be honest. That really isn't my point though. People are not very willing to give up things that make it easy for them. That's why I don't think flash will ever go away, even if at one point they expressed their desire to do so. I can imagine the forums the day of though. It wouldn't be pretty.

Covenant

10-06-2010

Quote:
/facepalm

tl;dr

It's too hard to kill some tanks without kiting and flash is essential to kiting the tanks, especially if they take movement masteries/SS.

on another note, this is why ezreal is pretty good (even though he's a girl)
Kiting to kill tanks? I dunno, maybe with your whole team there. Flash is mostly valuable to get the squishy out of a beefy DPS's grasp, I wouldn't call it good for 'kiting'. You're better off towerhugging if you're that badly pressed.

I suppose it makes some sense, but when I play tanks I never really consider flash to be a threat. Kiting is a little annoying but it's not like someone can flash repeatedly unless they're Ez or Kassadin. So you blink away, okay. Not that much different from you exhausting me and running away, or ghosting away.

Garion

10-06-2010

i actually have no issues with flash... but thats just me...

Fistful of Force

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
Kiting to kill tanks? I dunno, maybe with your whole team there. Flash is mostly valuable to get the squishy out of a beefy DPS's grasp, I wouldn't call it good for 'kiting'. You're better off towerhugging if you're that badly pressed.

I suppose it makes some sense, but when I play tanks I never really consider flash to be a threat. Kiting is a little annoying but it's not like someone can flash repeatedly unless they're Ez or Kassadin. So you blink away, okay. Not that much different from you exhausting me and running away, or ghosting away.
Depends tho, because if you are playing a Garen, Ok, i'll use exhuast (lower levels only, cuz his haste is a ***** mid) or ghost to run, but if you are playing shen or rammus, i'm hecka afraid of your dash taunt or powerball taunt.

or amumu's bandage. Singed has slow, mundo has knife... the list goes on.

the cooldown is only a little longer than ghost's, and you get the ability to wall hax.

Covenant

10-06-2010

Quote:
Depends tho, because if you are playing a Garen, Ok, i'll use exhuast (lower levels only, cuz his haste is a ***** mid) or ghost to run, but if you are playing shen or rammus, i'm hecka afraid of your dash taunt or powerball taunt.

or amumu's bandage. Singed has slow, mundo has knife... the list goes on.

the cooldown is only a little longer than ghost's, and you get the ability to wall hax.
Ahh, okay, I get what you mean. Yeah, that's true.

AeonMax

10-06-2010

If Flash is removed, squishy champions without an escape ability (e.g., Teemo, oh wait, Soraka, Twitch) will become UP, and burst champions with a close ability (e.g., Xin, Akali) will become OP.

Removing it will have a significant impact on balance. More than Riot has the capacity to address at this time.

Soller

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeonMax View Post
If Flash is removed, squishy champions without an escape ability (e.g., Teemo, oh wait, Soraka, Twitch) will become UP, and burst champions with a close ability (e.g., Xin, Akali) will become OP.

Removing it will have a significant impact on balance. More than Riot has the capacity to address at this time.
Squishy heroes did fine back when Riot said they were going to remove Flash and everyone stopped using it.

Besides, most of the time flash is being used nowadays is when a player makes a stupid mistake and needs a get out of death free card. i.e. "oh ****, I wandered into this bush in the enemy jungle and half their team is here! Good think I can flash over this wall and escape otherwise I'd have died for my silly mistake".

Given how Flash is easily usable to dodge tower hits/jungle ganks/dying in general it's only a matter of time till LoL is back to games where all 10 players have Flash.

gallumbits

10-06-2010

Stop hating on flash - it is a powerful summoner spell, but as all summoner spells has a long cooldown. It will save you once but after that you will play defensive and not engage because you will not have an escape mechanism (for some champs). This is when your enemy (if he has enough brains) will outfarm you like crazy. You will start losing creeps to tower (if we are talking early-mid game) or you will have to bluepill.
Am I the one that has to state the obvious? If your opponent uses flash defensively this means that you have the upper hand in farming. Just farm and farm and farm and you will have more gold, better items and more exp than your opponent without actually killing him. It's that simple.
If you are bitter because your enemy used flash offensively - tough luck. Check enemy summoner spells at start so you don't feel like a moron. Just think how devastating exhaust is on a dps (especially on a life steal champ that relies on landing hits to stay alive) or ignite on hp reliant champs (vlad or mundo)....
One more thing - some squishies are useless without flash. Removing flash means additional balancing of 5-10 squishy carries.
Please think again before starting stupid threads...