Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I thought Flash was getting removed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inukshukk

10-06-2010

I dont see why ghost was nerfed... nerf flash again, I demand it (but don't remove it)... I want it to be as lulz as getting clairity on mundo

Wavy Crockett

10-06-2010

Because taking away flash makes the tanky meta and AoE strats even more OP.

AntHill

10-06-2010

sssshhhhhhhhh dont remind them

hyliandanny

Recruiter

10-06-2010

Quote:
Soller:
Whatever happened to that?

It turned out that players who thought it was overpowered had not yet understood other Summoner Spells that proved it unworthy of removal.

Fistful of Force

10-06-2010

Quote:
Wavy Crockett:
Because taking away flash makes the tanky meta and AoE strats even more OP.

yes

Consider this. Most tanks are melee. In a straight up push, a carry will stay behind the tanks, creating positioning problems for all carries involved.

Another situation. In a stroke of luck, a Shen manages to taunt 2 tanks and a squishy. A Ryze picks up on this and immediately uses his combo. The squishy manages to flash away, thus avoiding death and is essential to counter pushing.

Without flash, it is too easy to kill squishies at the moment. (support, carries, and mages)

It's not as if flash isn't problematic, but it's part of a essential meta balance at the moment.

Krathalos

10-06-2010

They said they wanted to remove it, but it would just be far too big of a nerf on champions that require it (like Alistar for example).

Covenant

Recruiter

10-06-2010

I'm not sure why you'd nerf flash. Yeah, it's pretty potent, but the cooldown is enormous and it's not a very long range blink. It can be used offensively as well, so it's not only a "I never die" spell.

I wish they hadn't gimped ghost though. Let it be 35% for 5 seconds if it was too much running, but I need that speed to init or gank, not having ghost be fast is just... it's so bad.

Quote:
Fistful of Force:
yes

Consider this. Most tanks are melee. In a straight up push, a carry will stay behind the tanks, creating positioning problems for all carries involved.

It's not as if flash isn't problematic, but it's part of a essential meta balance at the moment.

I don't understand that logic at all. Both sides equally access flash, so how does it counter tankspam?

Fistful of Force

10-06-2010

/facepalm

tl;dr

It's too hard to kill some tanks without kiting and flash is essential to kiting the tanks, especially if they take movement masteries/SS.

on another note, this is why ezreal is pretty good (even though he's a girl)

HateYerGuts

10-06-2010

Free recall scrolls. Check.

Free blink dagger. Check.

Definitely need more easy.

avexx

10-06-2010

The only fix flash needs is for the effect/damage/whatever to still apply after you flash, rather than it being ignored because you flashed before it hit you.

That would mean flash is still fun to use and still plays well, but also isn't quite so powerful.