Here's an opinion; Elise bruiser Solotop... Up and coming to be a top contender.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Precision Break

11-14-2012

I read it all. Excellent analysis. I found a small error for ya. You call Elise Zyra in the last word of the vs Zed scenario.

IConquer1101

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision Break View Post
I read it all. Excellent analysis. I found a small error for ya. You call Elise Zyra in the last word of the vs Zed scenario.
Fixed and thankyou!

... I've already caught myself with that several times before... dunno why.

Saintshing

11-14-2012

well, she is a lane bully who abuses her range harass against traditional melee top
pretty much like teemo, kayle, nidalee
but she also has a stronger melee form(similar to nid but elise can fight in melee pre6)

i think against such a champ
you need to pick someone with range, or high mobility or high sustain(or any combination of these)
and outscales her late game
vlad, jayce seem to be good choices
they can contribute more in teamfights if they survive the laning phase

basically you need to win lane phase if you pick elise
especially when you build her ad, she has weak poke, no aoe
she also has bad initiation, low utility

Blaine Tog

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IConquer1101 View Post
I would imagine, however, that in an extreme late game scenario, her tanky AP build might outdo her bruiser build, but I've found that she loses a lot of midgame presence building that way.
See, I've found the opposite to be true. Midgame has a lot of tower seiges and jungle skirmishes, two things AP Elise excels at compared to AD Elise (her Human Q is great poke and her Spider skills make jungle chases easy with good burst).

Otherwise, your description of her laning phase sounds accurate. I just haven't experienced the mid-game falloff everyone else seems to be running into. I'm not sure why.

Blaine Tog

11-14-2012

Oh also, lemme help fill in your list:

Malphite: Not as easy as some of the other matchups because of his stone shard poke and his shield, but still winnable. His AS debuff hurts your full engagement, but that just means you need to spend more time poking him. If you're quick, you can actually dodge his ult with Spider E, but it's difficult.

Riven: A skill matchup, like almost all Riven lanes, but in general I'd give the edge to a good Riven. The trick is, she can't let you harass her for free. If she dashes onto you every time you try to poke, she'll successfully force trades, which she wins handily. If she just stays back and tries to farm, you'll destroy her, but her 4 dashes are very hard to deal with. Even if you stun her, she can still reach you for a full combo.

Rumble: Before his revolver, you destroy him. After his revolver, you'll start to lose trades pretty hard. It's that Flamespitter of his. It's very difficult to get close enough to tag him with your Q without eating a bunch of Flamespitter (your Q has a cast animation his Q lacks, so he can get in range as you're Qing him) and he has enough sustain and shielding to deal with long-range Ws.

Shen: Shen is a joke lane for Elise. When I'm going Elise top, I'm tempted to ask my team not to ban Shen just so I can feed on him (but he's still a good ban because of his unstoppable splitpushing power during lategame). His harass is awful compared to yours and his weak sustain can't stand up to your poke. Most Shens are pretty predictable with their taunts, making it easy to dodge in spider form. If he does land a taunt, just pop W and Q when it ends and you'll still win the trade. Mostly, though, he just can't do anything against your Human Q.

Yorick: Kinda easy, to be honest. You largely outrange his ghouls, but regardless, you have stronger poke at lower mana costs so even if he lands them you'll still win the trade. Spider W some minions from time to time and you'll start beating him on sustain, too. When he's low, you have substantially better burst damage than him too so you'll likely get a kill or two before level 6. Post-6, you can kill him and then run from his Revenant pretty easily. I run MS quints on Elise and she matches his base movement speed in spider form, so that plus her E, Q, and stun means he won't be able to finish you off if you escape with just a little health (you only got low because you towerdove him -- I towerdive for about 75% of my kills in lane as Elise and only rarely die from it).

Whistles

11-14-2012

After playing a few games with her when she came out I was telling ppl to try AD bruiser but they called me crazy.

seresibyl

11-14-2012

Eh.

I play Elise a ton. Going straight up W attacking is silly. Play like a spider. Lmao.

;P
Abuse people's commitment and fear of Q.

anooska

11-20-2012

I laned against solo top Elise as Renekton, she shat all over me and I'm pretty decent with the guy, never fed more than 1 kill up top with renekton. It was solo que though, and I even built some magic resist.. I simply didn't know what to do, she won every trade and she can still harass at range. I found myself sitting at tower and farming (she was harassing me at tower range as well). I hope the buff doesn't make her go out of control, that's gonna suck.

ZapMyHeart

11-20-2012

I would imagine Vlad and Akali being able to deal with Elise easily. The former having infinite sustain and the latter being able to assassinate quickly at level 6.