Why Syndra is still so bad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crabl0rd

11-15-2012

High skillcap is not a scapegoat to poor balance. Im probably going to get burned at the stake for saying this, but how hard a champ is to use should be factored into how good they are, not used as some apology for their win ratio. If you and another champion are designed to do the same thing, but you have to work 2 times as hard to accomplish it all it says is that the harder champion is less reliable. You will fail at your job a % more often than the champion that is easier to use. This comparison of course means taking 2 champions that are very similar in function.

Beija

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steakplanks View Post
High skillcap is not a scapegoat to poor balance. Im probably going to get burned at the stake for saying this, but how hard a champ is to use should be factored into how good they are, not used as some apology for their win ratio. If you and another champion are designed to do the same thing, but you have to work 2 times as hard to accomplish it all it says is that the harder champion is less reliable. You will fail at your job a % more often than the champion that is easier to use. This comparison of course means taking 2 champions that are very similar in function.

TLR version: Don't replace micromanaging with skill.

A skilled Annie nets the same results and possibly more than a skilled Syndra.

Xxlog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

In the high elo games I see a lot of people do amazing with her, but even more suck. She is just hard to play.

Tupacs MagicWeed

Recruiter

03-21-2013

@wafflashizzle
you my good sir have my respect. if she is played correctly she is broken dealing tremendous damages its retarded. and to all you who support her, you're awesome. haters keep hating hope to see you when i play with her

Voluug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by danflan21 View Post
@wafflashizzle
you my good sir have my respect. if she is played correctly she is broken dealing tremendous damages its retarded. and to all you who support her, you're awesome. haters keep hating hope to see you when i play with her
Dat necro.

Best Karma Ionia

03-21-2013

Oh no. Not a champion with a high skill cap. Pls buff riot. Pls make her easier to play riot.

I've never lost to a katarina, LB, cass, or her brother, kass in lane as Syndra. In fact, I find it almost impossible to lose her lane. She has a hard cc, a soft cc, a spammable nuke and a melting ult that is great for her laning phase.

Her rotation isnt hard to use. Q, W slow, e stun, re Q them, 5 orb ult and any typical mid lane is dead. Few champions in league can outpoke her with such a low CD on her main nuking ability. She has a great slow with even greater range, as you said, one of the longest stuns in game. If you can't land it, THAT IS YOUR FAULT. Do not blame syndra. Riot was generous in the range the ball hits too; by which I mean a little 'bug' if it is one is that if you E a champion with a ball BEHIND them, they get knocked back and the ball hits them regardless of how far away it is so long as it's within range of your E cone.

Ive landed pretty stupid stuns that looked like they missed by [on the screen] literally an inch or more. Of the literal screen. Toss ult with the average 5 orbs up, e, PENTA STUN. PENTA KILL.

tl;dr: Syndra is not an easy champ to play. This DOES NOT make her bad or underpowered. I've carried hard on some of my syn games, and her burst is on par with LB; except LB cant stun anyone. Sure, she can silence and snare. But then again, if I get a stun off before she distorts me after Qing me, does it matter? ;3

Best Karma Ionia

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictrix View Post
Syndra would need major buffs just to be able to not feed Katarina.
Syndra is Kat's hard counter. She shunpo ults. Too bad, I QE her during her ult. Q W. Ult. I win the fight. I have lost ONE lane to Kat as Syn, and that was my third or fourth game when I didnt know about using her stun as well. I want to slap you for saying this. Thats like saying Akali should feed Nunu. Im sure its happened, but honestly now.

Invictrix

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homocastle View Post
Oh no. Not a champion with a high skill cap. Pls buff riot. Pls make her easier to play riot.

I've never lost to a katarina, LB, cass, or her brother, kass in lane as Syndra. In fact, I find it almost impossible to lose her lane. She has a hard cc, a soft cc, a spammable nuke and a melting ult that is great for her laning phase.

Her rotation isnt hard to use. Q, W slow, e stun, re Q them, 5 orb ult and any typical mid lane is dead. Few champions in league can outpoke her with such a low CD on her main nuking ability. She has a great slow with even greater range, as you said, one of the longest stuns in game. If you can't land it, THAT IS YOUR FAULT. Do not blame syndra. Riot was generous in the range the ball hits too; by which I mean a little 'bug' if it is one is that if you E a champion with a ball BEHIND them, they get knocked back and the ball hits them regardless of how far away it is so long as it's within range of your E cone.

Ive landed pretty stupid stuns that looked like they missed by [on the screen] literally an inch or more. Of the literal screen. Toss ult with the average 5 orbs up, e, PENTA STUN. PENTA KILL.

tl;dr: Syndra is not an easy champ to play. This DOES NOT make her bad or underpowered. I've carried hard on some of my syn games, and her burst is on par with LB; except LB cant stun anyone. Sure, she can silence and snare. But then again, if I get a stun off before she distorts me after Qing me, does it matter? ;3
Syndra and Kassadin are not siblings.

Best Karma Ionia

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictrix View Post
Syndra and Kassadin are not siblings.
CASS KASS

It was a joke.

Invictrix

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homocastle View Post
CASS KASS

It was a joke.
I guess that one went over my head.