Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why Syndra is still so bad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invictrix

11-14-2012

Quote:
Jesus the Friend:
She could stand to gain a little buff yes.

Not too big because then we have another Katarina on our hands.

Syndra would need major buffs just to be able to not feed Katarina.

Litoeon

11-14-2012

Quote:
Apollinarius:
Good luck You seem to have a better grasp of how to be good with her than most.

She was my first (and only) bundle purchase because I love her Judicar skin and I love the casting while moving mechanic. I was expecting her to be a more damage oriented version of Orianna but lacking the massive utility. I was very disappointed

Fortunately, she's decent in Dominion because kiting ftw and it's easier to farm up the Rylai's which I find really turns her into a beast. That slow is a really good addition to her kit, but you can't afford it on SR, what with needing an Athene's just to be able to farm.

If you really wanna fool the other party. Keep balls around you at all times ( with blue / chalice isn't hard at all ). They will always be afraid to engage thinking you'll have a full ultimate up

stairzrawesom14

11-14-2012

So syndra is not meant for multiple enemy and really squishy...
So she is meant for mid??
(I am a noobie so... Asking a lot of questions)

Litoeon

11-14-2012

Quote:
stairzrawesom14:
So syndra is not meant for multiple enemy and really squishy...
So she is meant for mid??
(I am a noobie so... Asking a lot of questions)

She is meant to be a mid but can be ( proved ) a hassle on bottom to AD carries

Edit!! Grammar Nazi self

Invictrix

11-14-2012

Quote:
Apollinarius:
I don't understand why Syndra is kept intentionally weak. Her win rate is abysmal, and it's not surprising. Her skills are weaker than their equivalent on other AP champions, while they are more difficult to use.

To top it off, there are those times when they plain don't do anything, even if the animation shows the skill firing. Watching Syndra cast her ultimate on an enemy AD carry and watching those orbs hit without the champion taking any damage is just depressing.

Syndra's Q is ok. It's not great. It has an acceptable AP ratio for a fairly high mana cost, but it is the most powerful part of her kit.

Syndra's W is an epic 1 second weak slow until she ranks it to 5 and gets 1.5 seconds. Honestly, that is the shortest slow in the game. Against opponents with tenacity, you don't even notice the slow take effect. The slow isn't particularly strong either, being on par or weaker than other slows like Galio's Q or Orianna's W. The setup required is just icing on the cake. There is no benefit for the increased complexity of the skill.

Syndra's E is the most hilarious skill ever. In theory, it provides the longest range stun in the game. In reality, it provides the most difficult to aim stun in the game on one of the longest CC cooldowns for an AP champion. The stun is nice when it hits, but because it's impossible to plan for it and it isn't very long, you can never take advantage of it.

Syndra's R is one of the most powerful single target nukes in the game. Too bad that it's unreliable (doesn't do damage at all sometimes), requires absurd setup time (I wonder if that Syndra with 4 orbs on the ground is hoping to cast her ultimate soon) and is short enough range that when Annie sees you trying to cast it, she summons Tibbers and melts you before her reliable stun wears off of you.

I have to ask: who was Syndra supposed to be strong against? When is she expected to win her lane? In which team compositions is she strong?

Right now, she loses every matchup and is generally a liability for her team.

This man speaks the truth.

Dog Mustard 420

11-14-2012

I- What?

What in the hell are you talking about?

Syndra is perfectly balanced. I never see her except when I play her, but when I do, I do as good if not better than most of my other middles. She is slightly more difficult to play then other AP mids because of her lack of any reliable escape mechanism, but the slow on her W and the stun on her e/q is strong enough to pull her out of almost every gank situation.

She can easily 100-0 a carry in a teamfight with ease, and if she can't get to a carry, she can deal massive damage on the sides and wear down their tank lines.

She can dominate any lane with ease with great burst and a great finisher ultimate.
Her damage isn't low, nor is it stupid high- it's fine. Just like the rest of syndra.

She does NOT **** on every single person in game with ease, but does that mean syndra is weak?

No.

So stop saying that, pick her up, build her right, and play her right, and you'll realize crying that your cries of UP are unfounded and worthless.

(I'll play any of you as syndra and show you i'm not just talking out of my ass if you prefer.)

Dog Mustard 420

11-14-2012

Quote:
Invictrix:
Syndra would need major buffs just to be able to not feed Katarina.

You're wrong on so many levels. Syndras can **** on katarinas no problem- Harass them whenever they go in for a single cs with orbs, knock her out of her ult no problem with force of will, and counter ult her. Boom, she's dead.

Stop talking out of your ass. I hate people who do that.

Beija

11-14-2012

Quote:
Wafflashizzles:
You're wrong on so many levels. Syndras can **** on katarinas no problem- Harass them whenever they go in for a single cs with orbs, knock her out of her ult no problem with force of will, and counter ult her. Boom, she's dead.

Funny how Katarina can kill Syndra anytime she wants after level 6 and not have to spam her Q 3 times before her ratio goes over .7.... on ult..

Invictrix

11-14-2012

Quote:
Wafflashizzles:

Ok this is what a 2200 elo(Phoenix Kami) syndra player has to say about Syndra vs Katarina

"•Hard lane, harass her, if you are marked care of her combo which deal a good amount of damage and has a low cooldown. Don't take free harass. Keep your scatter the weak for when she gets level 6 to counter her ultimate."

Are you sure I am the one talking out of my ass?

Apollinarius

11-15-2012

Quote:
Wafflashizzles:
I- What?

What in the hell are you talking about?

Syndra is perfectly balanced. I never see her except when I play her, but when I do, I do as good if not better than most of my other middles. She is slightly more difficult to play then other AP mids because of her lack of any reliable escape mechanism, but the slow on her W and the stun on her e/q is strong enough to pull her out of almost every gank situation.

She can easily 100-0 a carry in a teamfight with ease, and if she can't get to a carry, she can deal massive damage on the sides and wear down their tank lines.

She can dominate any lane with ease with great burst and a great finisher ultimate.
Her damage isn't low, nor is it stupid high- it's fine. Just like the rest of syndra.

She does NOT **** on every single person in game with ease, but does that mean syndra is weak?

No.

So stop saying that, pick her up, build her right, and play her right, and you'll realize crying that your cries of UP are unfounded and worthless.

(I'll play any of you as syndra and show you i'm not just talking out of my ass if you prefer.)

I'm sorry, but your match history and win record with Syndra does not indicate that you're dominating with her. Yes, you've won some games when playing Syndra. But how many games have you carried with her? How many times were you on a team that was getting beaten in other lanes but your Syndra play was able to turn the game around and get you the win?

I've played a little bit of Syndra. I've learned her to the point where I don't feed and I don't fall behind in CS by more than 30 or so by the 20 minute mark. But that's not winning. Winning is being able to roam bot lane and picking up a double kill. Winning is being able to get a double kill when enemy team tries to gank you in mid and they're not full hp.