why do gold/silver/plat players think they know more than diamond / pros??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Get N3rded

11-14-2012

...and consistently show it through their massive ignorance on the forums / in games? i don't understand. how is it possible to be so deluded? why would 1500 players think team comp in SOLO QUE matters, but 2200 players don't...wait...is it because it's SOLO QUE..??

why do these same players, insist elo hell exists?

why do these same players think they can come up with new innvoative builds like ap vayne?

why do these same players call roles they are sub 40% wins with, yet blame their team every game?

what is the theme here? ALL of these actions imply a higher knowledge than players PROVEN TO BE BETTER THAN THEM. this literally makes 0 logical sense.

seriously?

inc downvotes from sub diamond players...which only further proves my point

Cygnx

11-14-2012

cause... they don't?

supermuffin28

11-14-2012

why make another topic asking the same question that you did in the original post that you referenced in this new one?

JunkRamen

11-14-2012

Because LoL players have horrifyingly large egos. See: every "I belong in a higher Elo" post

Get N3rded

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnx View Post
cause... they don't?
then please care to explain all my scenarios for me, in terms of sub 2200 / non pro players, actually respecting the fact that they are worse at the game than players better than them? oh wait you can't? ok.

Tigrian

11-14-2012

Maslow's theory of multiple intelligences holds that an individual can have multiple aptitudes. As an example, the very people that design this game aren't the best in the world at playing it.

With that being said, though some people are very mechanically sound at playing the game, there are others who can look at the data and come up with builds and comps that can function very well.

As well, the higher you are in ranking is less determined by actual game mechanics and more so on capitalizing on enemy mistakes.

TheUnburned

11-14-2012

Technical skills and strategic skills are not the same thing. Someone can have a revolutionary build for a champion and excellent tactics, but be stuck in the 1500 Elo range due to a lack of technical skills (being able to perfectly aim all his skillshots, parse a teamfight immediately and act on it, dodge enemy abilities, etc.). Why do high Elo players think they know everything and can't learn anything from players with a lower rank?

gl0stick

11-14-2012

I'm pretty sure team comp matters in soloq.... If a team can't teamfight, they have to focus on split pushing and ending early. If a team has a stronger teamfight but they're losing early they want to stall to lategame and force teamfights. These are all basic strategies that are dependent upon team comp and I'm pretty sure most top players would agree with me here. Team comp matters because at the end of the day, it is not a 1v5 game, it is a 5v5 game and while one player can roflstomp and carry at lower elo, they will eventually reach a level where they need a team to win.

Get N3rded

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigrian View Post
Maslow's theory of multiple intelligences holds that an individual can have multiple aptitudes. As an example, the very people that design this game aren't the best in the world at playing it.

With that being said, though some people are very mechanically sound at playing the game, there are others who can look at the data and come up with builds and comps that can function very well.

As well, the higher you are in ranking is less determined by actual game mechanics and more so on capitalizing on enemy mistakes.
first real logical response that i've heard on this forum...EVER.. congratulations.

however, i still am not buying it. unfortunately there is a tone of superiority in your response that completely invalidates any logic you attempted to offer. thinking you are in any way better than someone higher rated than you, when it comes to playing league of legends, is just a pathetically massive delusion.

Get N3rded

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnburned View Post
Technical skills and strategic skills are not the same thing. Someone can have a revolutionary build for a champion and excellent tactics, but be stuck in the 1500 Elo range due to a lack of technical skills (being able to perfectly aim all his skillshots, parse a teamfight immediately and act on it, dodge enemy abilities, etc.). Why do high Elo players think they know everything and can't learn anything from players with a lower rank?
you are everything that's wrong with this game. STOP focusing on landing skillshots...START focusing on the TRUE fundamentals of mobas: orb walk, positioning, last hitting, map awareness.