Holy OP new items, batman!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Wow, the new items are bat**** insane! AP items in general haven't strongly benefitted from being cost-effective, but these new items are really good.

Blackfire Torch - 2950 gold cost. You get..
70 AP (1400g worth)
250 Health (625g worth)
15% CDR (600g worth)
20 flat MPen (800ish g worth)
Crazy Passive
---------------------------------
3425g of goodies plus Crazy Passive.
Assuming 2k foes on average, expect +100 dmg added to each spell (lessened with comboes, increased with DOTS). Thats typically about 150AP for most casters worth, making this passive worth 3000g in theory. Even at a 1500g valuation, thats 3k gold for 5k gold of benefits.

======================
Hextech Sweeper: 1920g cost
+50 Ability Power (1000g worth)
+300 Health (750g worth)
+10 CDR (400g)
10% Movement Speed (worth 500ish gold, based on ~6.6 MS quints)
Mist active (worth what... 400g maybe)
--------------------
3050g worth of goodies for 1920 cost. holy ****.

========================
WhichCap? The OP Witchcap. cost 3500g instead of 3300g Zhonyas.
Same 100AP, 50armor, LONGER invulnerability of 2.5sec.
ADD 25% AP (worth at LEAST 25AP = 500g absolute minimum) for 200g extra.

Compare to crappy crappy existing item:

Rylais 3150g
1600g of AP
1250g of health
Slow proc
----------------
2850g. You pay 300g for the slow proc, which is worth maybe 600ish?

FDru

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Rylais 3150g
1600g of AP
1250g of health
Slow proc
----------------
2850g. You pay 300g for the slow proc, which is worth maybe 600ish?
That slow is worth a billion trillion gold.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
That slow is worth a billion trillion gold.
No it's not. If the Rylais cost 4k gold nobody would ever buy it. As it is, its pretty marginal in efficiency. Rod of Ages is way better from an efficiency point of view and is built from a catalyst which is a much more useful early game item.

Most people buy Rylais because its one of the very few decent Health items available, especially if you are manaless, or don't want the 20% efficiency hit with RoA lategame.

But hell, with 2 high health new OP items with very good efficiency, Rylais really goes down in value for all but a few champs that really really need the slow.

ricedream5

11-14-2012

Rylai is still great. The utility from the slow is still awesome for a few champions. I feel like the good items have something good unique to them whereas the bad items just have linearly scaling base stats and nothing else.
A bad item now might be Rod of Ages. No utility at all, just flat stats that can be gotten elsewhere along with some fun passive or active of sorts. If it didn't build from Catalyst, would not be worth getting.
The really awful items are secretly the mana-regen items which are so uninteresting. Mana pots and health relics are OP.

HaIfhearted

11-14-2012

I don't get Rylais because of the heath. I get it because that super awesome slow helps me kite the **** out of bruisers.

Warrrrax

11-15-2012

Ok fine, maybe I picked the wrong item for comparison. :-) Still, the new ones are undenyably a lot more efficient than Rylais which does make you pay for its nice slow. RoA probably is a good example of an existing item that looks a lot worse.
Ditto with Morellos Evil Tome.

Tempestphile

11-15-2012

wooglet is fine to be honest, since 3500 is quite a high cost

BFT will be nerfed

Hextech sweeper is much worth building now on a lot of champs, the active could make dynamic of Dominion more and more interesting

Hypersauce

11-15-2012

I like all the made up numbers

Sazdek

11-15-2012

the stasis on wooglets is the same 2.5 seconds as it was on Zhonya's. They updated the duration some time ago for Zhonya's. Just saying.