Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheLastBaron88

11-14-2012

If Teemo Poison gets to be too big an issue, could they just recode it to work like Vayne's Passive so that it only procs on the primary target? Or even just lessen the effect on secondary targets.

aZnPYTHONaZn

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanic1 View Post
It wouldn't be fair for ez and vayne the others adc got at least one ability or passive that works with this item.
Have you not see how OP ez and vayne are? :O

Killrazor

11-14-2012

what about in a 1v1 situation? What would happen? would your main attack fire once, plus 2 additional bolts? would all three hit the same target?

RexSaur

11-14-2012

How exactly does the projectiles work?

Are they automatic skillshots that can miss or do they home in on the nearest targets?

Scrabble Tank

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

This is a little off topic, but you referenced the new manamune procing 3 times with Hurricane. How does Manamune work with on hit spells and on tick abilities? Say if I'm teemo with a Hurricane/Manamune. I know the poison procs 3 times from Hurricane, but does the poison spell proc manamune's spell damage bonus? For on tick abilities like Fiddle's Lifesteal or ult, or Malzahar's DoT, does that proc manamune? Does the manamune damage apply each tick? or is the damage spread over the spells lifetime?

I'm more curious because I find a Fiddle ulting into a team of 5 and watching his mana explode to be hilarious. Also completely terrifying.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

You've spoken that the range of the secondary bolts is based off of your characters range but what about the missile speed? Is the missile speed based off of your characters or is it fixed?

Quote:
I see nothing wrong with IE/PD/BT trinity being core on a lot of carries.
I thought one of the things you originally set out to break was this core build and open up more options for build paths. :S (not meaning that you'd make it non-viable but that it would become just one choice among a ton of others and not necessarily the defacto choice it currently is)

Rippyman

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikohoness View Post
What the hell? Now a life-steal ADC is going to be even MORE ridiculous?
Zerk boots, IE, PD, BT, Last whisper and hurricaine, that is:
+140% attack speed
+220 AD
+55% Crit chance
+20% lifesteal
40% Armor pen
AAANNNNDDD two extra shots at 50% damage
We don't know that all of those items will remained unchanged, not to mention that with no GA your carry will be pretty vulnerable to getting bursted down.
Quote:

I remember when Riot tried to nerf lifesteal because they thought that it was making damage trivial for AD carries. (I personally don't think their nerf worked) But this item effectively gives the champ double damage, with double lifesteal... all for a single item slot.
Not in all situations. An assassin catching the carry out alone will only feel the effect of the stat boosts, and they'll be very pleased with the lack of GA. Also the multiplicative effect of the shots depends on how much armor the additional targets have. half an autoattack on two targets that have plenty of armor isn't game over.
Quote:

Remember that whole argument about when one item is so good there is no reason to purchase anything else? It effectively becomes the only viable pick? This item does exactly that.
If it doesn't reduce the damage of the primary attack, then why would any ADC ever NOT build this item?
Keep in mind we don't know the price of this item yet.
Quote:
Wow... just wow.
Indeed, many assumptions being made on some not-entirely fleshed out theory-crafting.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-14-2012
21 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
If Teemo Poison gets to be too big an issue, could they just recode it to work like Vayne's Passive so that it only procs on the primary target? Or even just lessen the effect on secondary targets.
I'm pretty sure Teemo's Poison is just too strong on live at the moment overall, even against single targets.

But let's take a step back and think about Teemo for a second. What would you call a character with lots of AP that deals magic damage to multiple people in a team fight..?

I would call that a Sustained DPS Mage - which I think is kind of a neat way for Teemo to branch out.

Quote:
I thought one of the things you originally set out to break was this core build and open up more options for build paths. :S (not meaning that you'd make it non-viable but that it would become just one choice among a ton of others and not necessarily the defacto choice it currently is)
I'm actually of the opinion that if you look at a build, you can clearly see what the tradeoff is and what their strengths and weaknesses are. IE/PD/BT is an expensive single target focused build. The problem with IE/PD/BT at the moment is that it's also simultaneously, the strongest defensive build because of the huge amount of MS that PD offers.

There's nothing wrong with IE/PD/BT being - I want to obliterate one person. Which is why any additional options for build paths have to be obvious as to what their strengths and weaknesses are.

A Ghostblade / LW / BT / Ar Pen build for example, with the Ar Pen changes - has incredible armor ignoring capabilities at the expense of raw damage to targets with low armor and high health.

More options doesn't mean 'more options to get to the same destination of some magical amount of AD/Crit/AS but rather 'more ways to branch out to reach different end-goals (Armor Pierce versus Raw damage, Flexibility of Build versus Power, Mobility versus Damage)' or in the case of Hurricane, Multi-Target damage versus Single-Target damage.

Tempestphile

11-14-2012

Quick charge on Sanguine blade (Dominion) allow always full stack of lifesteal????

I can't wait to see lifesteal changes in S3

MugenNightmare

11-14-2012

I wonder what will happen to lulu support :/

(she's good, but people tend to group that "items" replace supports entirely :/)