Item Preview – The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aZnPYTHONaZn

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Sorry - I meant to say Life steal works on anything that applies on-hit effects. Which is exactly what you've stated. My bad.

X is the user of Hurricane from what I gathered, so hopefully it wouldn't hit X.
So they range of the item is your champion's range + 300 splash range?

MCXL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

X-to-the-ypherious delivers, as usual.

Also, I quoted you in my Mechwarrior Online system design megathread.

I know you are a busy guy, but I would love some feedback on my analyses on MWO's systems.

Link to the beginning of the thread here. http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/684...-the-solution/

aloha2436

11-14-2012

So the question is: Will you be reworking any part of Kayle's E to function with this?

Wing Sensei

Recruiter

11-14-2012

Wouldn't this make Blade of the Ruined King on Twitch OP?
Since you would hit multiple targets with Twitch's ult, plus the targets from the hurricane, causing you to deal potentially 8% of the target's health per AA AND healing you for half of the total damage you deal with the BotRK passive?

TheLastBaron88

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Furlong View Post
So in theory could you use this a sort of artificial way to increase the range of you AA?
Since you have to AA in order to proc it, my guess is "no". You would still have to be in normal attack range in order to make it do anything.

Dark Wulfy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Taking this further, let’s explore how Hurricane interacts with various champion abilities:

Varus – Applies Blighted Quiver on everyone hit, which can then get triggered by his other spells.
Caitlyn – Gains one stack of Headshot for each target hit. Fires Headshot only at the primary target.
Graves – Reduces the cooldown of Quickdraw for 1 second for each target hit. (Edit: Whoops, got the wrong number here, thanks guys.)
Miss Fortune – Applies and stacks Impure Shots on every target hit. Activating Impure Shots will apply Grievous wounds to every target hit.

Champions that synergize poorly with Hurricane would be:

Ezreal – Doesn’t really have any effects that synergize with Hurricane.
Vayne – Silver bolts only applies on the primary target and requires consecutive hits to proc, thus Hurricane is mostly wasted.

We hope that Hurricane opens up some interesting build paths for AD carries looking to specialize in area of effect damage. While Hurricane certainly isn’t for every ranged character, we do hope that Hurricane allows carries to diverge from the standard path of single target damage in favor of a more AoE centric build they can use to gun down multiple opponents at the same time.

-Xypherous

Twitch poison?

GrogTheTrollGod

11-14-2012

I understand that hurricane/tiamat shouldnt proc when targeting a turret but why dont they splash to turrets if targeting a nearby unit?

Always MIA

11-14-2012

Frost Shot drain mana big time too?

NotBuzzJack

11-14-2012

When you combine it with Manamune how high is the dps you can put out?

nagos

11-14-2012

How About mana cost - ashe's Q?

x3 mana cost for triple slow?