Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheLastBaron88

11-14-2012

Xyph, you are da bomb-diggity. ;D

Mugungo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Not at the moment, no.

They have to be within (roughly) 300 units of your primary target.

Imagine Hurricane being a splash effect - that can only affect the two closest targets.
assuming its a splash effect, would that mean you could slightly extend auto atack range with hurrican?

for example, a tristana is running away from graves with 5 health left. zilean support is just BARELY in graves auto range, but tristana is just barely out of range, yet she is within 300 units of zilean

will the extra hurricane shot hit tristanna

Bear Furlong

11-14-2012

Will the Hurricanes extra shot prioritize champions?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-14-2012
15 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Now, theoretically with this item, aren't you buffing lifesteal?
If I have 25% lifesteal and deal 100% damage to my primary target and 100% split two ways onto two other enemies, I'm going to be lifestealing off of 50% of my attacks.
Kind of. The problem comes in when you factor in infinity edge and critical strike - as those only apply to your main attack.

So, if you go the typical IE/PD build with critical strikes, these secondary bolts are going to be far less than 50% of your average main attack damage.

If you go raw Hurricane / BT, builds for example - you will be life stealing more - at the cost of not taking advantage of the multiplicative power of critical strike and critical damage for the multiplicative power of Area of Effect attacks.

Basically - do you want to hit everyone a lot of times for a moderate amount of damage? Or do you want to hit one person a few times for tons of damage? But in the end, the amount you life steal actually kind of ends up to be around the same.

Quote:
Will the Hurricanes extra shot prioritize champions?
Nope.

Andarel

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
tons amounts of damage

Riyshn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWNJuiCeSuCKa View Post
Xyph, judging from the champions you have made, to now the items you have created, I firmly believe no one on Earth loves to auto-attack as much as you.
He has stated before that he believes auto-attacks, as one of the most basic actions every champion in the game can make, should be an important part of every champion's play style.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-14-2012
16 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
What about Gangplank Parrrley?
As i remember GP is coded that parrrley is melee but is in fact a range spell.
I think it won't work but will work with the new Tiamat but i would like to know :3
No.

One, Parley is a spell which won't trigger Hurricane anyway as Hurricane triggers off your basic attacks.

Two, Gangplank himself is Melee - so Hurricane won't be active on him.

Quote:
tons amounts of damage
The forums move too fast for me to properly edit and type at the speed at which I'm doing. :P

dustyspells

11-14-2012

Oh, this is very interesting item and I see it has a lot of potential in there.
But, in the same time, I see there could a lot of potential problems and controversy over it as well.
Let me first ask you how exactly this item works.
You said hurricane bolt automatically search for targets that are either right or left to the primary target.
But what is going to happen if your enemies are vertically lined up?
Look at the diagram below:

[A]
[B]
[C]

[X]

Let's say A, B, C are your enemies and X is your champion holding Runaan's Hurricane. As you see in the diagram, your enemies and your champion X are on a single straight line and there are no other enemies nearby. Let's say target B is at the very rim of champion X's maximum autoattack range, and you autoattack target B as primary attack target. How would Hurricane bolts work on them? Would it only work on enemy C which is within your attack range? or would it work on both A and C regardless of your champion's maximum range? Or would it not work at all since all of your enemies are in a straight line? If this would cause some complex direction and range issue, wouldn't it be better to just make it bouncing bolts that attacks two other targets within certain range from primary target? (regardless of direction and range. similar to how ionic spark and volibear's ulti work)

aZnPYTHONaZn

11-14-2012

I always thought Vladimir counters Teemo and not feeding him

Splinterheart

11-14-2012

How does this work with Gangplank's parrley? He's not ranged, but I think you mentioned in another post that his parrley counts as ranged...