Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreamLeviathan

11-14-2012

I'm terrified now to find out what statikk shiv is going to do. Lightning everywhere?

Feynt

11-14-2012

I can only see this ending in tears.

MEMEME670

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Well, Hurricane is Ranged only and Tiamat is melee only - so.. I'm pretty sure you can figure it out.
Lol, forgot that.

Pnutt79

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBaron88 View Post
So this item must be why Ionic Spark is out completely? I was expecting more of a replacement for what it did, but this new Hurricane item will not be any use to Split Push Shen. How will that strategy ever be viable without Spark?
Split push shen would now use the new tiamat.

Karn Bishop

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Pick a Card and Stacked Decked are not on-hit effects. They are next-attack modifiers and do not work with Hurricane.

A good rule of thumb is: 'If I have more attack speed, do I get to apply this effect more often?' If the answer is no, it doesn't work with Hurricane.

The key distinction is whether it affects only one autoattack or not - these secondary bolts are not considered part of that "spell." They only enhance what would enhance all of your basic attacks.
So ad tf left in the dust again? I get pac not working but his e not procing it? He was an ad carry first you know so show him some love.

edit: to the downvoters TF was originally an ad carry, if you don't believe me do some research.

Pokeprof

11-14-2012

I think one of the other things people got to keep in mind that if riot is changing items as much as they've said they would to the point where it breaks the current standard of IE/PD/BT on Ranged AD champs, then something like this might bring their power back in line. Not to mention the fact that, as Xeph's pointed out, this doesn't work at all with Crit, which as we know is currently where most the damage is coming from for Ranged AD carries.

The item itself seems to be extremely powerful, yes, but only within the confines of items as we know them NOW, not as we'll have them in Season 3.

pwny power

11-14-2012

So does this ruin twitch? Currently I love to play twitch and farm up ie, pd, and tiamat and go crazy. He has a terrible early game but late game he can instantly melt teams. Now the aoe is only 2 targets, so he wont be able to melt teams even close to as hard as he currently can...

Andarel

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMEME670 View Post
Try things EXCEPT Hurricane + Tiamat, right?
Tiamat only works on Melee.

murlocmancer

11-14-2012

Sad that it won't work with lulu passive
That would of been so cool

Bikohoness

11-14-2012

What the hell? Now a life-steal ADC is going to be even MORE ridiculous?
Zerk boots, IE, PD, BT, Last whisper and hurricaine, that is:
+140% attack speed
+220 AD
+55% Crit chance
+20% lifesteal
40% Armor pen
AAANNNNDDD two extra shots at 50% damage

I remember when Riot tried to nerf lifesteal because they thought that it was making damage trivial for AD carries. (I personally don't think their nerf worked) But this item effectively gives the champ double damage, with double lifesteal... all for a single item slot.

Remember that whole argument about when one item is so good there is no reason to purchase anything else? It effectively becomes the only viable pick? This item does exactly that.
If it doesn't reduce the damage of the primary attack, then why would any ADC ever NOT build this item?

Wow... just wow.