Item Preview – The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KevinDelMarr

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl of Madness View Post
I hope the other AD carries will get some itemization. Twitch, MF, Graves, Varus and Cait all get a buff from this item. But what about Corki, Draven, EZ, Vayne. Those carries had better get some item love or they will fade away from viability.
Vayne has the best single target damage, Draven is super powerful early game, and Corki and Graves have really good AoE in spells. It would be nice to see the lesser seen Carries more often

turkeyBACON

11-14-2012

Is there a way to turn off this effect? Say in situations where you want to only deal single target damage, like deal damage to a tower with an enemy champion underneath it also? Are we always going to have to get tower aggro/ take thornemail damage if an enemy champ is near our primary target?

Mango027

11-14-2012

So you really do not want Kayle to have any fun items. For tiamat, she is ranged. Buf for Runaan’s Hurricane she isn't ranged in the right way.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-14-2012
12 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
So wouldn't this Item be hard countered by Thornmail. Everyone buys it and you pretty much kill yourself?
It depends. Thornmail deals damage based on pre-mitigation dealt to you - so yes, attacking into a Thornmail crowd will probably hurt quite a bit.

Quote:
How does this work with Blade of the Ruined King? I'm currently imagining a level 9 Kog who has Hurricane and BoRK, and... well... he's scary.

Also, you've said that Kog is 'currently' using his W with all three bolts. Is this currently very strong? Are you considering changing it?
Yes, BoRK + Hurricane has traditionally proven very very strong. As for Kog'maw - we'll have to see, as I think we might be able to put Hurricane in a spot where it's good on him - but in a lot of cases, a ranged carry wants to obliterate a single target as fast as possible.

Quote:
Try things EXCEPT Hurricane + Tiamat, right?

I think you should put this somewhere in your posts because right now they seem to work together, by everything you've said.

Also, try not to put too many of these random rules everywhere ("Ok so tiamat works on vayne, but hurricane doesn't..and if I get hurriance on cait then I don't want to get Tiamat...etc.). They help balance and are nice but it seems like you might be adding giant burden of knowledge to the game which is something you guys seemed pretty against in years past.
Well, Hurricane is Ranged only and Tiamat is melee only - so.. I'm pretty sure you can figure it out.

Quote:
So will it apply Frozen Mallet and not phage?

I'm a little confused on that item.
It'll apply Frozen Mallet.

Phage will do a roll for each target hit and slow each target based on their individual rolls.

NotBuzzJack

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Hurricane + Manamune = Very very very expensive for your mana pool.
Is the damage worth it?

Xarkanadushak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

are we getting all of these item in one patch or will they be split across several?

KevinDelMarr

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus2658 View Post
Is this item why Ionic Spark had to go away?
Oh god, there would be a lightning storm all over the place

TheLastBaron88

11-14-2012

So this item must be why Ionic Spark is out completely? I was expecting more of a replacement for what it did, but this new Hurricane item will not be any use to Split Push Shen. How will that strategy ever be viable without Spark?

Andarel

11-14-2012

I really like the idea of spraying shots into the enemy team as Teemo with a Frozen Mallet and watching groups of people just start freezing up.

Left side, slowed! Right side, slowed!

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

What's the build path and does it build into anything further? Also what's the unique passive's name? :P

Confused with Graves interaction. Atm each AA reduces cooldown by just 1 second but you've implied the item reduces the cooldown by 6 seconds (3 hit x 2 secs).

With on-hit effects like wits end and Blade of the Ruined King do they do their full damage? How does Sheen interact with Hurricane? Do you see this as another item to help out on-hit builds or might it be a trap item on such builds?

Also with the item hitting the closest targets does it prioritize champions or will it actually hit a minion instead if it's even a little bit closer than a champion to the main target What's the range of the item? (I mean how far does a secondary target have to be before you don't get a second shot to them?)