Item Preview – The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epicn00b

11-14-2012

Okay. I liek this, but I have 3 legit questions:
1. Why is the Storm for ranged champs only?
2. Why is the new Tiamat for melee champs only?
3. How come you never implemented this "for certain champions only" concept before? After all, the only reason that you guys never made an AD caster item is because what they use, a certain champion (GRAVES) uses it better.

IonDragonX

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusVult17 View Post
why do ranged AOE items apply on hit effects, but melee ones dont?
You took out Ionic Spark, and made it so that melee wave-clear doesn't apply on-hits, but ranged do?
WW is sad...
Crocodile tears. The Ravenous Hydra has 75 AD, lifesteal off of everything that it touches and a 100% AD bomb activatable every 10 seconds. WW is fine.

Leblonjames

11-14-2012

this item seems to be broken as hell

Crollus

11-14-2012

So Xypherous...when Kayle activates her E she is considered Ranged - according to your posts in the Tiamat thread - does this mean that the magic splash damage on hit from her E will trigger on the 2 extra magic bolts as well as splashing off of her primary target while also reducing their armor and magic resistance at the same time? So she's going to deal splash damage while dealing splash damage while shredding your defenses? Awesome.

Sguerra123

11-14-2012

so if this works on graves quickdraw, im guessing it works on sivir's W?

Arächnophobia

11-14-2012

Can we get an MS boost on it to D:

Quote:
Okay. I liek this, but I have 3 legit questions:
1. Why is the Storm for ranged champs only?
2. Why is the new Tiamat for melee champs only?
3. How come you never implemented this "for certain champions only" concept before? After all, the only reason that you guys never made an AD caster item is because what they use, a certain champion (GRAVES) uses it better.
Yes lets give this to fiora, and have her ult proc it 4 times and wipe out the entire enemy team.

Sounds brilliant.

IonDragonX

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brb afk ftw View Post
Um, quick question, maybe it was already answered, but does this proc on hit effects of items? Like Frozen Mallet and Phage?
The Reds haven't addressed this at all but here's a thought:
we don't know if Phage and its upgrades are remaining the same either. They might wind up as melee effects........
we shall see.

hopoo

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arive View Post
Xypherous, I love this item, but it seems to go against one of your tenets of game design: The Burden of Knowledge.

As you noted in your original post, Riot has apparently picked specific champion abilities that this item does not have an effect on. How is the user supposed to know that Vayne's silver bolts do not work, but Varus's blighted stacks do, without testing it themselves or referencing your original post?

What about Kogmaw? He also has the percentage health attack just like Varus and Vayne. I'm sure players would appreciate a distinct and consistent way to know which effects this item will apply to.
if you ever played vayne you would know that hitting multiple targets cancel out silver bolts

Eruka Frog

11-14-2012

i don't like S3 items. way to make stuff that will totally wreck the balance of certain champs

this one completely BREAKS ap teemo.

then you're going to go back and instead of adjusting the item, you're going to nerf the character. i know how you operate, riot

XxKingxKlutchxX

11-14-2012

This item is crazy.