Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Obscene Ending

11-14-2012

Does the effect apply Urgot's passive?

BaneRain

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slifer556 View Post
So Jarvan applies his passive on 3 targets ?
Jarvan is melee so no...

Archyboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I'm only fine with this if you tone down every single ranged AD's base armor/survivability (escapes) in some way. I know that was the entire reason for the 50% damage on the minor bolts but do ranged AD REALLY need to be stronger? If anything at least make it so they can't crit. I would be much happier if you would focus a lot more on melee.

iamt3n

11-14-2012

Imagine if this wasnt ranged only.

Nasus would be fun again

CynicalGiant

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamt3n View Post
Imagine if this wasnt ranged only.

Nasus would be fun again
Nasus can use the Tiamat upgrade pretty well

Terrornoid

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arive View Post
Xypherous, I love this item, but it seems to go against one of your tenets of game design: The Burden of Knowledge.

As you noted in your original post, Riot has apparently picked specific champion abilities that this item does not have an effect on. How is the user supposed to know that Vayne's silver bolts do not work, but Varus's blighted stacks do, without testing it themselves or referencing your original post?

What about Kogmaw? He also has the percentage health attack just like Varus and Vayne. I'm sure players would appreciate a distinct and consistent way to know which effects this item will apply to.
Vayne's truesilver bolts reset on target switch, i.e. they can only be on a single target at a time. Thus, it does not work with the storm.

Neiat

11-14-2012

One question: If Lulu uses Help! Pix On an ally with this item, will Pix fire at 3 targets or just the one main?

reoG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

awesome

Vongimi

11-14-2012

This seems to make some champs super OP, while leaving others in the dust... Kog is gonna dominate with this.

EDIT: In other news... where is my season 2 badge??!??!?

brb afk ftw

11-14-2012

Um, quick question, maybe it was already answered, but does this proc on hit effects of items? Like Frozen Mallet and Phage?

If it does, I can just not see this being balanced the way it currently stands.

An ADC could kite over half the enemy team and deal massive damage to them at the same time. If it can proc Phage, I don't think this item would have poor synergy with Ezreal at all.

EDIT - not to mention being even more scary on things like Kog, Teemo, or Varus, but I already saw those things mentioned