Item Preview – The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taikero

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
Will only benefit Jayce, Kayle, Nidalee and Elise. But not as awesomely as you want them too.
Well, AD/On-hit Elise could certainly use both.

Runaan’s Hurricane
(Ranged Only)
+60% Attack Speed
UNIQUE Passive: Your basic attacks fire minor bolts at 2 nearby targets, each dealing (50% of Total Attack Damage) physical damage. These apply on-hit effects.

and

Tiamat
(Melee Only)
+50 Attack Damage
+15 Health Regen per 5 seconds
UNIQUE Passive – Cleave: Your attacks deal up to 60% of your Attack Damage to units around your target – decaying down to 20% near the edge.
UNIQUE Active – Crescent: Deals up to 100% of your Attack Damage to units around you – decaying down to 60% near the edge – 10 second cooldown.

Use Human form attacks to slow people down with Frozen Mallet, then once a target is low enough, swap to Tiamat Spider form and start cleaving people left and right. You can even jump to the farthest target with her gap closer to pick people off as they run.

This only doesn't work if the attack speed/attack damage/health regen is also nullified when out of correct form. Other than that, attack speed, damage, and health regen are all stellar on Elise.

Kattniss

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butternubs View Post
Mutually exclusive. One only benefits ranged and one only benefits melee.
Melee benefit from it more than ranged, yes. I forget what the percentage difference is. I was just speculating, as are alot of people on this thread, so I am not sure what the downvotes are for. Seems like the combo would work in some situations. Just wait.

aZnPYTHONaZn

11-14-2012

@ Xyph: What type of damage will the bolts do?

Will it get reduced by armor or mr? Can you buy Penetrations to get higher bolts damages?

FlySkyHigh777

11-14-2012

Xyph, I know you probably aren't reading this, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

1) Are TF's cards considered on-hit effects? If so, holy mother of god you just made him so absurdly broken. Quite a few people already commenting, but hey.

2) How does the targeting work for RH? Is it the two closest enemies to you, the two closest to your target... what?

3) I'm curious about what this builds out of and it's pricing. I'm a little scared that some AD carries may pick it up just to farm like crazy and then sell it off to go back into single-target hyper-carry mode.

4) Since you are making some severe distinctions now between ranged items and melee items, are we going to see a new section of the shop dedicated to melee vs ranged or are you going to leave it as is? On the other side of that, are you going to lock champions out of buying "trap" items that they can't use? I.E. a tryndamere trying to buy RH? or a Cait trying to buy Tiamat? Obviously a part of that item still benefits them, but the most important part does not.

5) Will this item increase the procs on Graves' passive in any way? Or only for his quickdraw?

6) Does Corki's passive apply as an "on-hit" for the purposes of this item? If so, do you think we might be seeing jungle corki? (Random, I know, just a thought.)

7) I'm assuming this will work for dual-build champions like Jayce/Nid/Elise the same way Tiamat does? Applies only to one of their forms?

8) When do I get to see Statikk Shiv, and is it awesome?!

Kattniss

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikero View Post
Well, AD/On-hit Elise could certainly use both.

Runaan’s Hurricane
(Ranged Only)
+60% Attack Speed
UNIQUE Passive: Your basic attacks fire minor bolts at 2 nearby targets, each dealing (50% of Total Attack Damage) physical damage. These apply on-hit effects.

and

Tiamat
(Melee Only)
+50 Attack Damage
+15 Health Regen per 5 seconds
UNIQUE Passive – Cleave: Your attacks deal up to 60% of your Attack Damage to units around your target – decaying down to 20% near the edge.
UNIQUE Active – Crescent: Deals up to 100% of your Attack Damage to units around you – decaying down to 60% near the edge – 10 second cooldown.

Use Human form attacks to slow people down with Frozen Mallet, then once a target is low enough, swap to Tiamat Spider form and start cleaving people left and right. You can even jump to the farthest target with her gap closer to pick people off as they run.

This only doesn't work if the attack speed/attack damage/health regen is also nullified when out of correct form. Other than that, attack speed, damage, and health regen are all stellar on Elise.
Wait, wait... when did they change it? Nevermind... I wasn't aware they changed Tiamat like that. LOL oh well.

TryASomersault

11-14-2012

"These apply on-hit effects."
Poison. Poison everywhere.

Onhit AoE Teemo, I choose you?

VexTheHex

11-14-2012

Did Lulu help create this item?

Cause it looks like it tastes purple!

iainB85

11-14-2012

Immediately thought of Twitch while reading this, surprised you didn't use him as a case example.

Also a few posts down, I'd love a response if TF could actually card (stun, aoe damage, get triple mana back) people... this might be an abuse case of the item.

Cujomi

11-14-2012

Meh...I feel like this was very poorly thought out. Pentakills are going to be on the rise.

Avissel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-14-2012

Will the item's effect apply Draven's passive by way of spinning blade?