Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Desastrado

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonsterado View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned...

Since Hurricane procs off tower hits, and would prioritize the two closest targets to the tower, couldn't you easily defend the tower simply by standing under it so the adc would in turn hit you, gaining tower aggro?
Except it doesn't proc on towers.

Desastrado

11-16-2012

Also how this item interacts with Ionic Spark? My guess is that it gets stacks faster, meaning it would proc more times.

SnicerTenu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
:

Varus – Applies Blighted Quiver on everyone hit, which can then get triggered by his other spells.

O M G!!!!!! I love you Xypherous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desastrado View Post
Also how this item interacts with Ionic Spark? My guess is that it gets stacks faster, meaning it would proc more times.
I believe they are getting rid of Ionic Spark.

Cheebs

11-16-2012

Frozen Mallet and Trinity force? (Slow procs)

Will these be applied to hurricane targets?

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I'm pretty sure Teemo's Poison is just too strong on live at the moment overall, even against single targets.

But let's take a step back and think about Teemo for a second. What would you call a character with lots of AP that deals magic damage to multiple people in a team fight..?

I would call that a Sustained DPS Mage - which I think is kind of a neat way for Teemo to branch out.

I'm actually of the opinion that if you look at a build, you can clearly see what the tradeoff is and what their strengths and weaknesses are. IE/PD/BT is an expensive single target focused build. The problem with IE/PD/BT at the moment is that it's also simultaneously, the strongest defensive build because of the huge amount of MS that PD offers.

There's nothing wrong with IE/PD/BT being - I want to obliterate one person. Which is why any additional options for build paths have to be obvious as to what their strengths and weaknesses are.

A Ghostblade / LW / BT / Ar Pen build for example, with the Ar Pen changes - has incredible armor ignoring capabilities at the expense of raw damage to targets with low armor and high health.

More options doesn't mean 'more options to get to the same destination of some magical amount of AD/Crit/AS but rather 'more ways to branch out to reach different end-goals (Armor Pierce versus Raw damage, Flexibility of Build versus Power, Mobility versus Damage)' or in the case of Hurricane, Multi-Target damage versus Single-Target damage.
Hi Ryze, I want to introduce you to the reworked Teemo. He is pretty much you. We removed the ability for him to choose between AD or AP and made him a straight AP because, the average person was already treating him like an AP.

Goodbye AD Teemo, I'll miss you.

Bastilean

11-16-2012

Looks like I am late to the discussion, but here are a few thoughts:

Sounds like this item will be must have for on hit effect users like Teemo, as it will triple your on hit effects assuming targets are available.

I know you said it doesn't affect Kayle's E, but I don't see why not. You said it did affect teemo right? You might want to code Kayle's E so that you don't get to stack the AOE damage if targets are in concentric circles.

Beliriel

11-16-2012

yay teemo gets even more annoying ...
but apart from this, AWESOME ITEM!!!!

d4o5i

11-17-2012

How does Hurricane interact with Aqueous Empowerment? Does it behave like Help! Pix! and only proc on the primary target? Does it behave like on-hit effects and apply to secondary targets, potentially consuming all three charges at once? Since the effect is number-limited instead of time-limited, I'd guess the former, but I figured on an official thread was as good a place as any to ask about it.

NaiXeD

11-17-2012

it should be active, not passive.....

Pollinate

11-20-2012

This might be a dumb question because I honestly am not 100% sure how Yorick's ult works in regards to items, but will the clone of the ADC fire bolts from this as well. Sorry in advance if this has been asked and answered already!