Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nillthium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

ok you primary target is a, you are x will you hit c?

[c][b][a]

[x]

Masonic

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nillthium View Post
ok you primary target is a, you are x will you hit c?

[c][b][a]

[x]
I would think of it like a splash radius. it is possible [c] could still be hit, but they would have to be in the splash radius of [a]

3mptylord

11-15-2012

How does Spray and Pray interact with Hurricane?

I'm going to assume that it still fires two bolts at nearby targets.

However, since Spray and Pray aren't targeted but rather skill shots, does Hurricane still register Twitch's target as his attack target? Or can one of the bolts target his attack target?

IEnzaI

11-15-2012

What about Kayle? Would she be a able to use this item after using her E?

Strados

11-15-2012

@Xypherous

About Twitch's ultimate:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
It doesn't really interact with it at all. Hurricane merely shoots secondary bolts at units around what you right-click. The fact that his autoattack is now piercing doesn't make Hurricane shots piercing.
So what about this. Twitch [X] activates Spray and pray and shoots target [A].

[c][d]
...[B]
......[A]

.............[X]

Target [A] dodged the bolt, and hits [B] first instead (which isn't the one he right-clicked). Does it trigger the secodary bolts on [c] and [d] even though [B]wasn't the target Twitch Right-clicked but got hitted first anyway?

-strados-

Edit: Another question:

so, is Storm treated as an On-hit effect that applies On-hit effect? if so, should it be triggered if the bolt is negated like by teemo's blinding dart, Jax's dodge, Fiora's parry, preventing the items from shooting secondary targets?

MiniConker

Recruiter

11-15-2012

Great change. adds flavor to the game

Rakaydos

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strados View Post
@Xypherous

About Twitch's ultimate:

So what about this. Twitch [X] activates Spray and pray and shoots target [A].

[c][d]
...[B]
......[A]

.............[X]

Target [A] dodged the bolt, and hits [B] first instead (which isn't the one he right-clicked). Does it trigger the secodary bolts on [c] and [d] even though [B]wasn't the target Twitch Right-clicked but got hitted first anyway?

-strados-
The secondare bolts would fire at B (the only one in range) at the same time you fire Spray and pray. The fact that A dodged it has nothing to do with this.

It's an "on attack" not "On hit"

Strados

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackalHalfdragon View Post
The secondare bolts would fire at B (the only one in range) at the same time you fire Spray and pray. The fact that A dodged it has nothing to do with this.

It's an "on attack" not "On hit"
actually, i would think it's a combination of both (weird as it sound) because right now it enables Cait to triple charge her passive, which makes me think that it's on-hit, but at the same time doesn't trigger pix, so it's still an on-attack... sorta?

maybe xypherous should clarify on this, because it would be weird to have bolts comming from a target that didn't get hit by twitch ulti.

Edit: given the conversation, i would like to know if caits passive charges on-hit or on-attack. given she triple charges from this items makes me think it's an on-hit, rather than an on-attack like lulu's pix (which doesn't triple procs with the item). Does it charge if the attack gets dodged by Jax?

Ezrabar

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strados View Post
actually, i would think it's a combination of both (weird as it sound) because right now it enables Cait to triple charge her passive, which makes me think that it's on-hit, but at the same time doesn't trigger pix, so it's still an on-attack... sorta?

maybe xypherous should clarify on this, because it would be weird to have bolts comming from a target that didn't get hit by twitch ulti.

Edit: given the conversation, i would like to know if caits passive charges on-hit or on-attack. given she triple charges from this items makes me think it's an on-hit, rather than an on-attack like lulu's pix. those it charge if the attack gets dodged by Jax?
that's because the hurricane shots are the on-hits stacking her passive. The ability to proc hurricane is on-attack while the 2 extra shots apply the on-hits. 2 different things.

Strados

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezrabar View Post
that's because the hurricane shots are the on-hits stacking her passive. The ability to proc hurricane is on-attack while the 2 extra shots apply the on-hits. 2 different things.
then that makes caits passive charge on-hit rather than on-attack, right? should it not charge if it's dodged by jax then?

Edit: Nevermind. i got it now. i relooked the image in the OP, i though the missiles spawned from the target, not from the user. everything is clear now.