Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Obscene Ending

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arive View Post
Xypherous, I love this item, but it seems to go against one of your tenets of game design: The Burden of Knowledge.

As you noted in your original post, Riot has apparently picked specific champion abilities that this item does not have an effect on. How is the user supposed to know that Vayne's silver bolts do not work, but Varus's blighted stacks do, without testing it themselves or referencing your original post?

What about Kogmaw? He also has the percentage health attack just like Varus and Vayne. I'm sure players would appreciate a distinct and consistent way to know which effects this item will apply to.

Man, I just got Zed and I don't know any of his abilities. This is a burden of knowledge, can someone please help me understand why I need to learn in order to play this game?

dustyspells

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopkilling0 View Post
Tiamant when I use mele and hurricane when I use ranged? :I
I guess that is the case

henchdog

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BF Arms Wing View Post
Pardon for asking but what are its components? would it be viable for AP Varus?
Well in theory it would give Varus a potenital AP ratio of 0.75 on each auto attack, which is more than some mages abilities every 12 seconds AND it would apply the blighted quiver debuff to three targets, so I would say very much YES

Get Swoll Son

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeke View Post
So.....

Kayle can't use the new tiamat because it's for melee AutoAttackers only.

And she can't use Runaan's Hurricane because there would be a desync with her and the item.

THEN WHich ITEM CAN SHE USE THAT HELPS HER DO MORE AOE?
It will still be great with on-hit Kayle or any on-hit ranged build that benefits from lots of attack speed and builds a Frozen Mallet. Guinsoo's will become a must-have for Kayle, also. Also, her passive will apply, even if her E doesn't.

Stopkilling0

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyspells View Post
I guess that is the case
It'd be op if it applied both no matter what. But I think they'd each be useless on her individually.

Pizzaplan3tman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

What about twitch's ult? Will the hurricane bolts pierce or no?

TheEnygma

11-14-2012

can you change it so that the bolts mimic the user's basic attacks?

I wanna litter the screen with bananas

Lunaria

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl of Madness View Post
I know i've mentioned this a few times. but my first question. Will Hurricane proc Draven's Wicked Blades? Second. Will the Single target carries get items to benefit them as well?

That they really shine with this item is a good item and I love it the problem is at the moment that I play and love most single Target carries and I don't want them to be outclassed in teamfights just because of one Item.
he said the bolts don't crit and simply do 50% of your AD
but they will fire off when using an on-next hit skill but not get it's special properties

so they will shoot when he uses spinning axes but there is no way for them to cause the bleed

Potential5

11-14-2012

Why is Orianna's passive not handled similarly to Vayne's Silver Bolts? Isn't it just a similar consecutive-attacks-against-same-target thing? Is the reason that you wanted specifically to emphasize Vayne's assassin character, as you said before? Not that it would actually be good enough on her to matter, but...

Kangaax

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnygma View Post
can you change it so that the bolts mimic the user's basic attacks?

I wanna litter the screen with bananas
Approved for great AD soraka banana justice