Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-14-2012
23 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
1) If Caitlyn shoots from bush with hurricane, would her get 2 X 3 = 6 stack of her headshot passive with single autoattack from bush?
2) You said it works on Corki's hextech sharpnel. Would it then apply 10% of hurricane's damage (which is 50% of your total AD) as true damage? or would it be 10% of your total attack damage?
3) Would it work with new Black cleaver passive? (apply armor reduction to hurricane bolts?)
4) Is there any chance that hurricane bolts will hit nearby neutral jungle monsters and draw their aggro?
5) I am still a bit confused how it works on next autoattack modifiers. Would it not work at all with them or would hurricane bolts will trigger but not apply next autoattack modifier effect? If the former is the case, would it cause some odd situations that you actually lose net damage output by using autoattack modifier skills? Let's say your Vayne tumbles and attacks enemy. It will do 50% extra damage to primary target, but you will lose 2 X hurricane bolts(each dealing 50% of your AD) if hurricane does not work at all with next autoattack modifier.
1. At the moment, she would get 6 stacks.

2. Hextech Shrapnel is based off your total attack damage, so it applies 10% of his total attack damage.

3. Yes.

4. Yes.

5. The hurricane bolts will still fire when you do an attack with an next-hit autoattack modifier - however, the hurricane bolts receive no special properties from your next-hit autoattack modifier.

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

It sounds...kind of like a trap item. I feel AS is the easiest stat to mis-estimate.

Now...granted...in comparison to Ionic Spark this always procs on every attack...so I think between this and Tiamat the "I want AoE" items are healthier...

I think a lot of it's going to depend on cost and that 60% AS has me really worried. Currently Recurve Bow is 40% and Dagger is 15%. So one of each + combine cost to make up for +5% AS and the proc? 1470 base gold? Assuming no adjustments to AS gold costs (which it sounds like there will be)...something like 600+ g combine?

I can see going like pure AD/Arm Pen on Caitlyn and then grabbing this as the AS booster. Sounds like good item synergy and trades using a Q in a team fight for auto-ing for AoE.

I can see this as a situational buy on Ashe if the enemy has multiple melee to fight...

Is there an upgrade path for this?
Is it expected to fall between 2000 gold and 2800 gold cost?
Is it expected to stay as pure AS + Proc?
Does Red Buff apply?
Is Red Buff + Hurricane going to be really strong while Hurricane + Frozen Mallet is too expensive to buy into? Making Red Buff even more critical?

::EDIT::
meant to say mis-estimate not estimate.

BloodTrinity

11-14-2012

Sounds good.

NotBuzzJack

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyspells View Post
1) If Caitlyn shoots from bush with hurricane, would her get 2 X 3 = 6 stack of her headshot passive with single autoattack from bush?
I'm interested in this too. Can she get stacks on the attack that is enhanced by headshot?

Rippyman

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyspells View Post
I am still confused with some of the specific interaction.
It has been stated that the answer is yes.
Quote:
2) You said it works on Corki's hextech sharpnel. Would it then apply 10% of hurricane's damage (which is 50% of your total AD) as true damage? or would it be 10% of your total attack damage?
unanswered as far as I know, my guess is it does as it's tooltip says and hits for %10 of total AD
Quote:
3) Would it work with new Black cleaver passive? (apply armor reduction to hurricane bolts?)
not explicitly answered, but almost certainly yes
Quote:
4) Is there any chance that hurricane bolts will hit nearby neutral jungle monsters and draw their aggro?
not explicitly answered, but almost certainly yes
Quote:
5) I am still a bit confused how it works on next autoattack modifiers. Would it not work at all with them or would hurricane bolts will trigger but not apply next autoattack modifier effect? If the former is the case, would it cause some odd situations that you actually lose net damage output by using autoattack modifier skills? Let's say your Vayne tumbles and attacks enemy. It will do 50% extra damage to primary target, but you will lose 2 X hurricane bolts(each dealing 50% of your AD) if hurricane does not work at all with next autoattack modifier.
They will still fire bolts, but they will not apply any next AA modifiers.

edit: ****ing PENTANINJA'D

FAQdat

11-14-2012

Xypherous you dont feel that Teemo will be OP with this item? I want your honest opinion here.

IonDragonX

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
They have to be within (roughly) 300 units of your primary target.
So, you can proxy shot to extend your range by 150? Me likey!

Ko Hakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Yes - this is probably true. Which is why we're doing these item additions in pre-season. If we've found that any particular item warps the game around it - we'll either retune the item or remove the item for the sake of a healthier game.

However, this is exactly the time to try crazy and risky stuff that gets people excited about itemization and specializing their builds. We owe it to you guys to try to put in awesome stuff that'll make your play experience more fun and if it doesn't work - we also owe it to you guys to apologize and pull it and try to come up with equally fun stuff.

In short, your feedback will tell us which of these items are healthy and which of these items are evil.
Given that ranked play during this pre-season will count towards season 3 ranked, what exactly is the distinction between pre-season and season 3? Just the name, or is there something I'm missing that is preventing me from understanding why this is an ideal time to implement these changes?

Dont get me wrong, I'm extremely excited for the changes, I just dont understand the pre-season.

Garen Mechanics

11-14-2012

Will it trigger on hitting a ward?
(i.e. you are clearing wards in baron pit and storm aggroes baron)

NotBuzzJack

11-14-2012

Wait, so if Caitlyn attacks from a bush she can kill red buff in like 3 seconds?