Why is any elo under 1700 elo considered "low elo"?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NME Potato Zero

11-14-2012

most -2400elo players are trash, and 99% of the people belong at their elos

Slifar

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato Zero View Post
most -2400elo players are trash, and 99% of the people belong at their elos
These troll levels are off the charts, captain!

At least, I really hope you're trolling, especially when I see your S2 badge. That's kind of a pathetic attitude to have and makes no sense. It's like saying every athlete in the world is terrible if they don't compete in the Olympics. But I'm pretty sure you be trollin'.

Anyways, back on topic, there's a difference between saying the ELO is bad to make yourself better and legitimately thinking that. the top 25% of players is still the top 25% of players; They're of a statistically good quality compared with everything else.

Also I'd like to point out that, unless you believe in the existence of an ELO hell, the relationship between skill and ELO is pretty linear in nature. It is, after all, just a means of quantifying skill.

Hierarch DF

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser676 View Post
Copied from a popular ELO hell thread

I've always been proud of my 1287 elo, even though I played those 20 games a year ago. I see gold as a huge achievement, and I have no delusions that I'm not even close to being as good as a plat level player.
Question: Why are ppl stuck in ELO HELL?
Answer: Becuz they think they are as good as 2000 players, even if they are only 1200.

FYI, back to the time when I played Starcraft 2 (when ppl didn't have the "Grandmaster Tier"), everyone, as long as he or she is not braindead, could get to Diamond Tier using 4 Gates. And you are calling them "good"?

Dude, go play more ranked games and improve ur ELO. Otherwise, you are just making me laugh.

pochoclotot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozbirta View Post
I just laughed out loud at work. Fairly loudly too.

Congrats, funniest random post I have ever encountered on the forums.

I'm still smiling. I don't even understand why it's that funny to me lol
lol glad I made you smile, it's from one of SivHD's videos, they're really fun look him up on youtube.

Grantisimo

11-15-2012

truth

Bogysaurusrex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

if you actually played ranked often you might notice how easy it is to get gold if you get lucky in placement matches

a lot of people with gold have no idea what they are doing and just got carried , its even easier now that all you have to do is hit 1500 once

otirruborez

11-15-2012

most people are bad at games. top 25% isn't anything special.

Nitemare

11-15-2012

idk

BEAR1234567

11-15-2012

lol only 1200s what a noob

BuilderBob93

11-15-2012

OP are you keeping in mind that the average is 1150?

1750 is top 1% Im very happy I hit it