Support Fiddle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bueszien

11-14-2012

I was a huge fan of Fiddlesticks back in the old jungle. He was my favorite champ to rock out. Then with new jungle, he seemed significantly less viable. I watched a few tourneys where Elementz rocked out support Fiddle and gave it a go last night. It worked out pretty well. My second game, I was with MF laned against Blitz/Vayne and it ended up being a pretty even lane. Were these a couple of fluke games where Fiddle worked pretty well as support, or has anyone else seen his synergy with Fear and a silence with high damage harass early work pretty well? Just curious as to your thoughts and builds. I'm running the typical AP carry rune build with a Utility/Cooldown set of masteries.

I guess my real question is: Is support Fiddle really going to be viable as I climb the ELO ladder? It's a blast to play right now, even though I've only put in a couple games with it.

Selcopa

11-14-2012

It'll work probably pretty safely up till at least 1400. After that players are going to be better at adjusting. Its possible to tame him even higher but it will be more difficult.

Learn the good time and place to play him. The higher you go. The more selective you have to be with your matches

Hahutzy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-17-2012

So under what scenarios is a Fiddle support considered to be a good pick?
And what are bad scenarios to pick it?

shondon

11-17-2012

I think that support Fiddle would perform best against an ad carry/support combo that relies on their abilities, like an Ezreal/Sona lane, as Fiddle's silence will help drastically in an exchange against them.

Overall, Fiddle is a great support because of his long lasting cc and silence, along with his amazingly fun and high damaging ultimate.

With that being said, I think that picking Fiddle in solo queue is a bit weak because you rely on your ad carry to follow up on your fear with immediate damage, otherwise you will fall relatively quickly due to your squishiness, and the close range proximity that is required when casting fear.