Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"KS" question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InsaneSamurai

11-14-2012

After getting this complaint from teammates in alot of situations where my idea was "that guy's gonna get away, i better fire stuff off at him", I stopped attacking guys when the team was around and they got low. The problem is they often get away where I feel like they probably wouldn't have if i wasn't so worried about someone calling me a kill stealer.

At first I saw it as a team effort thing, where we want them dead and it doesn't matter as much who gets the last hit(you still get both gold and xp for assists right?). I also feel like someone could get equally mad at me in the same situation for not attacking someone who was close to death, but that one hasn't happened yet hehe. What is the right way to handle this?

TornSpirit

11-14-2012

KSing is never wrong UNLESS there is LITERALLY NOTHING the enemy can do to get away, and you're someone who doesn't need as much farm, e.x. You're a Taric and a Graves chasing someone, taric manages to stun them and the target is on like 20 hp; the enemy is stunned, they aren't going to get away, let graves get the kill because he needs the gold more.

On the other hand, I'd be REALLY pissed if an enemy got away with 20 hp instead of my support hitting them one more time before they flashed over a wall or something.

Cat 6th

11-14-2012

You should know when its KS and when its not:

- If you see a friend fighting agains a low target, and he obviously is going to kill him/her, and you come into fight, throwing your ultimate of 600 damage against that guy whos life is around 50 hp... Yes, they will call KS.

- If you are the supporter and a low hp enemy is about to die and you throw your spells and kill him, when your carry is around and its a 1 vs 2 situation or your carry has the advantage... Yes, they will call KS.

- But if you are fighting 2 vs 2 and focus on your teamate target and kill him, its a teamwork, not KS, and even sometimes when it seems that is KS, is not, because of teamwork wins battles. Can you imagine that you leave that guy alive, he goes to his base and buys something, and returns and gets 2 kills? You will be blamed because you left that guy alive.

KS'ing is not a reportable offense, while if you "help" the enemy get away because of your innactivity, they might report you for that. In other words, get that kill to your team, it may lead your team to a win, but don't KS an obvious kill of your teamate, they may complain and start raging and you will lose the game, and reports flying everywhere.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-14-2012

be greedy ks all you want. everyone benefits from the gold, even supports and tanks.

for supports you can get your auras gold per second faster, and be a better supports.

For tanks you can get tanky quicker and be a better tank.

But don't waste your ultimate just to last hit them when it was clear your partner could of finished them off already and they are the carry and you are the support.

dont worry if they call ks, it is the most absurd complaint that exists.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-14-2012

"KS"= Kill Secured

However, in cases where it's blatant people rage. For instance when they've dealt 90% and you swoop in.

ShadyGrave

11-14-2012

This is largely situational and depending on you're character. If, lets say you are a support with your carry, you know the enemy champ neither has flash, jump, or any help coming, and you're carry only has like 1 or 2 shots left on him, stay near him but leave it for the carry if he's not going to get away. Now, if there is no guarantee the carry (or the person you are trying to get the kill) can secure it, kill him to make sure he dies. I think in general, a jungler capable of giving a laner a kill will help the lane boost its power, but again only if its 90% sure he can get the kill. I forget this all the time, but the important thing is that the enemy dies.

This whole "ks" thing is merely how to efficiently give out gold, or i think of it that way. So you're trying to boost certain characters. But to complain about it, ignore that ****. A dead champ is better than a player who gets away with 100 health.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

11-14-2012

Quote:
Sukh01:
You should know when its KS and when its not:

- If you see a friend fighting agains a low target, and he obviously is going to kill him/her, and you come into fight, throwing your ultimate of 600 damage against that guy whos life is around 50 hp... Yes, they will call KS.

- If you are the supporter and a low hp enemy is about to die and you throw your spells and kill him, when your carry is around and its a 1 vs 2 situation or your carry has the advantage... Yes, they will call KS.

Even these are not KS. I can't stress this enough.

That guy with 50 hp... did he take Summoner Heal? Or Flash? Are they up? Is there a Shen on the enemy team? Or Soraka? Is he carrying a red elixir? Is there anyone mia who has a shield, heal, or stun? Unless you are very experienced, you probably do not have all of that info memorized at every moment of the game. And if you do not, it's dangerous to think a teammate is "obviously" going to get the kill.

This is also true for the second situation. If you catch someone being aggressive at low health in a 1v2, chances are damn good that they've got friends incoming. If that bait has any burst potential, they will be able to get your carry down into the danger zone even if they die in the process. It only takes half a second for Graves to buckshot and ult; will that be enough damage to give the incoming Nocturne an easy kill?

The difference between a kill and an assist is fairly minor, about as much as 1 wave of minions. The difference between a kill and no kill is pretty major. Don't be fooled by whiners. Anyone who tells you "we lost the game because my support/jungler KSed me twice" is making excuses. Backing off from a kill is good only when you have good reason to believe it's safe to do, and (unless you're a veteran of the game) your first priority should not be to avoid taking the kill.

InsaneSamurai

11-14-2012

Thanks for the advice guys! I think one of the issues is I like playing support the most, so I'm guessing alot of the people saying ks was because of that. Also I felt the same as Had0ken with 2v1 situations, if I didnt see the rest of the team on the map i figured kill him asap(also I'm not familiar with a whole lot of champions yet so I have no idea what they might do all of the sudden).

GON the Mage Guy

11-14-2012

People focus way too much on their kill/death ratio instead of winning the game.

The only time it really matters is if you're actively trying to take kills which is a jerk thing to do anyway.About 99% of the time though, KS=Kill Secured.

Cat 6th

11-14-2012

@Had0ken: I'm just making clear that they (teamates will call KS (btw that means Kill Steal: http://www.internetslang.com/KS-meaning-definition.asp & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_stealing))

I alredy know that on this game this is pointless, because you do greater good by killing one enemy than letting him go and blame your carry, etc.
OFC you have to check his summoner spells, even calculate if he's on cooldown or he's not... but those examples were just to make clear that ppl will call KS just because they want a little more money.