olaf and darius

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunies View Post
jayce and yorick are plainly b roken in themselves, and garen is preaty much by design a counte to olaf
niether jayce nor yorick are all that broken.

jayce is very well built for spamming teamfights especially in proving grounds. Its kindof annoying actually. But not as annoying as lux xD

UberGenocide

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
niether jayce nor yorick are all that broken.

jayce is very well built for spamming teamfights especially in proving grounds. Its kindof annoying actually. But not as annoying as lux xD
Confirmed

devo21an

11-14-2012

Why are you guys even trying to compare Olaf and Darius? They are two completely different champions. True, they're both AD bruisers, but Annie and Fiddlesticks are both mages and we don't compare them.

bunies

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo21an View Post
Why are you guys even trying to compare Olaf and Darius? They are two completely different champions. True, they're both AD bruisers, but Annie and Fiddlesticks are both mages and we don't compare them.
A your an idiot
B we compare them because they are bruisers with true damage nukes.

asamu

11-14-2012

Because Darius's true damage can get over 1k easily and refreshes on kill. That being said, I agree that Olaf is a better champion currently, not because of how his true damage is dealt, but because he is significantly tankier, and deals more sustained damage than Darius.
Darius's kit lacks synergy and makes him too reliant on that ult, which is way too powerful. The problem with him is that the rest of his kit is weak. Darius needs to be reworked, and true damage in general should really be taken out of this game; it completely nullifies building resists in the place of more health in many cases and makes certain abilities either scale too well, or too little. It is something that is only really useful vs certain types of champions, and it makes playing those champions way less fun. (I have disagreed with it from the time that it came out, so this is not in any way because of Darius).

Darius doesn't need an overall nerf. If anything, he needs an overall buff, but his ultimate DOES need to be nerfed. It has no place in this game as it is currently.

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by asamu View Post
Because Darius's true damage can get over 1k easily and refreshes on kill. That being said, I agree that Olaf is a better champion currently, not because of how his true damage is dealt, but because he is significantly tankier, and deals more sustained damage than Darius.
Darius's kit lacks synergy and makes him too reliant on that ult, which is way too powerful. The problem with him is that the rest of his kit is weak. Darius needs to be reworked, and true damage in general should really be taken out of this game; it completely nullifies building resists in the place of more health in many cases and makes certain abilities either scale too well, or too little. It is something that is only really useful vs certain types of champions, and it makes playing those champions way less fun. (I have disagreed with it from the time that it came out, so this is not in any way because of Darius).

Darius doesn't need an overall nerf. If anything, he needs an overall buff, but his ultimate DOES need to be nerfed. It has no place in this game as it is currently.
his ult doesnt need a nerf, his ult needs to scare noobs less. His ult needs to stop hurting people's pride because they can't stand the idea that their champ cant just throw their face at a lane bully and expect to win. People want to go top with a counterable pick but can't seem to get a good start so they cry. Noxian counterchamp? Unheardof! getting zoned by the enemy and dealing with it? NO WAY!!! Having to have a real strategy during teamfights? HOLY ****

xJLx MCHammer

11-14-2012

They are different champs. If Darius Pulls you while in lane, without a good escape, you are likely dead. The same can't be said of Olaf. Yet when it comes to killing the back line, Olaf exceed using his R. They both have their advantages.

You can't spam E with Olaf especially early because of the HP cost. He doesn't have an awesome slow, or the best sustain.

Also, i much rather have a Darius get nerfed on his Ult then getting buff else where on hit kit.

xpxpx

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberGenocide View Post
Olaf being OP? I'm not sure if I follow. He's decent in competitive play but he can be out-laned.

Jayce, Yorick, Garen etc..

I'm not saying that I am not agreeing that Olaf is better than Darius, I was just getting the message that Olaf needs a nerf.
I'm trying to figure out the point in which Olaf gets beaten by Jayce...

I can see early game where Olaf would have a bit of trouble, but post-6 there is no excuse to lose to Jayce as Olaf, since you can press R then ghost, and he cannot run away, especially if you hit your Q's.
Olaf is also even with Garen, or at least when I play him he is, as he can ignore the armor bonus from Garen's W, more so as he levels his ult and if he buys Brutalizer.

Could please say why Jayce and Garen beat him?

bunies

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJLx MCHammer View Post
They are different champs. If Darius Pulls you while in lane, without a good escape, you are likely dead. The same can't be said of Olaf. Yet when it comes to killing the back line, Olaf exceed using his R. They both have their advantages.

You can't spam E with Olaf especially early because of the HP cost. He doesn't have an awesome slow, or the best sustain.

Also, i much rather have a Darius get nerfed on his Ult then getting buff else where on hit kit.
in fully honesty i have never seen an olaf who spams his E have any real trouble with hp

it used to be a mana problem for him, but now no such thing exists