Gunblade on Shyvana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThePsyborg

11-14-2012

Gunblade isn't bad, though it's not cost-effective. Blade of the Ruined King is better and cheaper (steal their movespeed instead of just slowing, GG).

And, like people said already, get attack speed first.

IonDragonX

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumenlux View Post
I've heard some people max e 2nd but I never really understood why lol. It's a good skill with the armour shred but anyway.
Leveling her W first is a no-brainer.
What do you get by leveling her Q second? 5% damage on the 2nd strike (2.5% increase overall) and 1 second of cooldown.

It is wise to level her E first because she gains: 45 additional damage on the hit and 7 damage on each melee hit while the debuff is active. (56% increase overall) The cooldown also goes down by 1 second, which brings it closer to the duration of the debuff (4 seconds). Would you rather have an enemy debuffed 1/3 of the time or 1/2 the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Tog View Post
Thoughts? I just picked up Shyvana and she's a lot of fun, but I can't help but think I'm putting her E to waste. She can use every part of the Gunblade, even the active, so I was wondering if anyone had tried it. Obviously it's extremely expensive so it'd only be a thing to buy when you're way ahead, but would it work for her at all?
Yes it would work for her if you didn't need her as a straight tank. However, her Q works on lifesteal so the spellvamp isnt as important. This would make it a low priority item. HOWEVER, a Bilgewater Cutlass is very effective on her in place of a Frozen Mallet (cheaper, better jungling and better single target damage). So you can still go with a standard build with a BC thrown in as a mid game item.

TheLazyGent

11-14-2012

Too much effort and wasted stats for Shyvana. You need either heavy tankiness or light tankiness and AS/AD. Building gunblade while in theory sounds nice, it's build path slows you down too much. Once BOTRK comes to SR Shyvana can build the part of gunblade that's actually useful on her and not pay for useless stats.

Blaine Tog

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
Leveling her W first is a no-brainer.
What do you get by leveling her Q second? 5% damage on the 2nd strike (2.5% increase overall) and 1 second of cooldown.

It is wise to level her E first because she gains: 45 additional damage on the hit and 7 damage on each melee hit while the debuff is active. (56% increase overall) The cooldown also goes down by 1 second, which brings it closer to the duration of the debuff (4 seconds). Would you rather have an enemy debuffed 1/3 of the time or 1/2 the time?
That makes sense, but her passive would seem to imply that lowering the base cooldown on her Q is stronger than lowering the cooldown on her E. Her Q won't hit much harder by leveling it first, but each rank means it'll be up two autoattacks sooner. It's kinda like how CDR on Ryze is made more powerful because of his passive: flat and %-based cooldown reduction have strong synergy with each other.

Put differently, let's assume Shyvana has Blue and the CDR mastery (most of her guides recommend that) for 24% CDR.

Her Q has 7.6 / 6.8 / 6.1 / 5.2 / 4.6
Her W has 9.2 / 8.4 / 7.6 / 6.8 / 6.1

BUT her Q's cooldown also goes down whenever she autoattacks. What this means is her autoattacks lower her Q's cooldown by 6.6% at Rank 1 but by 11% at Rank 5 (without any CDR, it's 5% and 8% respectively).

Tl;dr: By ranking up her Q first and autoattacking consistently, you might be able to get multiple Qs off for every one E. According to the wiki, she can Q every 1.6 seconds at 40% CDR, which means she'd get a whopping 7.5 Qs in during Rank 1 E's cooldown. Reverse the ranking order and you'd only get around 2ish Qs off in that same time for a whopping 75% less Q damage (before taking the better Q damage into account).