Gunblade on Shyvana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

a tiny ant

11-14-2012

Maybe, MAAAAYBE as a sixth item.

Engasta

11-14-2012

Shyvana has really odd scaling on offensive items because of her ratios. She gets a lot of natural damage so most people just don't build that much offense. You'll get more out of straight up AD because you can make use of the armor shred. Attack speed scales well with her passive, but AP just doesn't help her at all because burn out is AD based and that's where the majority of her damage comes from. AP is really wasted and you don't spell vamp enough from AOE for gunblade it to be worth it.

Xanthalis

11-14-2012

I don't think the benefits justify the cost of the item. Her E and R scale with and do magic damage, but I'd say that neither is used for its damage. AD remains her best scaling damage. I always jungle her, so I get boots, Wriggles, Frozen Mallet, and Wit's End, almost always following up with Guardian Angel. Then the obvious good choices are Bloodthirster or Last Whisper. One item I'll buy if I'm pushing a full build and can replace Wriggles is Youmuu's. The crit chance isn't great on her but the AD, CDR and Arm Pen are, and the Arm Pen goes well with her E Armor Shred. The active attack speed help out a lot, especially in dragon form and the move speed is nice if W is off cooldown or if you need to combine them.

Either way, Gunblade isn't the best chioce on her.

1davidj

11-14-2012

it actually sounds like a decent idea. not that it means much, but the bots play shyv hybrid with surge and rageblade, i think because she benefits so much from AS on her Q, E, and R (CD on Q and R and damage on E) and she has fairly decent ratios on E and R.

i might have to try this.

Xanthalis

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1davidj View Post
it actually sounds like a decent idea. not that it means much, but the bots play shyv hybrid with surge and rageblade, i think because she benefits so much from AS on her Q, E, and R (CD on Q and R and damage on E) and she has fairly decent ratios on E and R.

i might have to try this.
Keep in mind that Gunblade is crazy expensive. If you wanted an item with some AP, I'd go for Rageblade. I've always wanted to try it out, but haven't been brave enough lol. Plus there are just better items. After boots and some tanky damage (FM, Wriggles/Atmas, Wit's) items, you only have 1 or 2 slots open and I'd build Bloodthirster, Ghostblade or Last Whisper for damage and a GA for defense before building a Rageblade or Gunblade.

Rageblade is cheaper and it gives attack speed which is better for her than the spell vamp on Gunblade. Since she's manaless, will have decent attack speed and can spam Q, she could feasibly keep it stacked fairly easily.

Blaine Tog

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthalis View Post
I don't think the benefits justify the cost of the item. Her E and R scale with and do magic damage, but I'd say that neither is used for its damage. AD remains her best scaling damage. I always jungle her, so I get boots, Wriggles, Frozen Mallet, and Wit's End, almost always following up with Guardian Angel. Then the obvious good choices are Bloodthirster or Last Whisper. One item I'll buy if I'm pushing a full build and can replace Wriggles is Youmuu's. The crit chance isn't great on her but the AD, CDR and Arm Pen are, and the Arm Pen goes well with her E Armor Shred. The active attack speed help out a lot, especially in dragon form and the move speed is nice if W is off cooldown or if you need to combine them.
This is how I've been building her. When picking up a new champion, I always start with learning the conventional build before experimenting. I am really enjoying her this way, I'm just curious to see how I could amp up her all-around damage.

She really seems to like lifesteal but has decent AP ratios on her E and R as well as a lot of very wide AoE damage (in a teamfight, she's likely to hit most of the enemy team with her R, W, and E, which means they'll spellvamp for more than if they were single-target) and the Gunblade active will make her scary-difficult to get away from even if she's already a dragon or doesn't have enough Fury. I'm tempted to try Gunblade+Rageblade, but I doubt I can get away with that little tankiness.

Tagrineth

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumenlux View Post
I've heard some people max e 2nd but I never really understood why lol. It's a good skill with the armour shred but anyway.

Spellvamp would be an interesting option tho assuming it would work with her W.
Most people max E second.

Q doesn't actually gain that much damage by leveling it.

The first of the two hits does 100% damage. At rank 1, the 2nd hit does 75% damage.

Per rank, you get back 5% of your damage on the 2nd hit. That's it.

A little more base magic damage from E + the re-proc on hits is much more potent.

Xanthalis

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Tog View Post
This is how I've been building her. When picking up a new champion, I always start with learning the conventional build before experimenting. I am really enjoying her this way, I'm just curious to see how I could amp up her all-around damage.

She really seems to like lifesteal but has decent AP ratios on her E and R as well as a lot of very wide AoE damage (in a teamfight, she's likely to hit most of the enemy team with her R, W, and E, which means they'll spellvamp for more than if they were single-target) and the Gunblade active will make her scary-difficult to get away from even if she's already a dragon or doesn't have enough Fury. I'm tempted to try Gunblade+Rageblade, but I doubt I can get away with that little tankiness.
When I get home from work, I'm going to have to play a game with her and get Rageblade. It's always taunted me to build it on her lol.

Give Gunblade a try. In theory it's solid. My post was definitely my opinion. I see your reasoning with the spell vamp, but I have to respectfully disagree. I don't see it being that useful, especially with mostly aoe damage, though that aoe in dragon form in a team fight seems appealing, but the cost to get it... I don't know that I'd get both though, at the same time. Her R isn't spammable by any means. Her E is semi spammable, but you're putting quite a bit of resources into it at that point.

Like you said, worth a try. What's the worst that can happen??

EnderForHegemon

11-14-2012

needs atackspeed more than gunblade. can only really afford one damage item. gg

Blaine Tog

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthalis View Post
Like you said, worth a try. What's the worst that can happen??