Can I get some General advice for Solo que in Season 3?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D Dragneel

11-14-2012

Hello Forums! I am a top / jungle / mid lane primarily in solo que. I only had an 1186 ELO I am considered a baddie, but my roomate pointed out that I am apparently better then what my ELO says, but I have an Inability to carry.(maybe solo que isn't my thing?) I was curious if anyone could give me advice on how to improve in each of those sections or at least my top lane play since i seem to have to best luck going top now adays. (last 6-10 games in my ranked season i only won if i went top lane).A few of my favorite solo que champions are:

Top:
Garen
Irelia
Olaf (want to get better)
Kennen
Vlad
Wukong

For top i try to have around 50-65 farm by the 10 minute mark (114 is perfect i try to hit 50%) Some days i have more and some days i have less thankfully no one else in my elo is great at farming there yet.

Mid:
Annie (lol?)
Twisted Fate (I can't carry with him late game...)
Casseopia
Katarina
Anivia

For mid I normally have around 60-70 farm at the 10 minute mark and if i am playing Kat or Tf i do my best to gank and roam once I hit 6.

Jungle:
Any Gp5 Tanky jungle (amumu, Mao)
I would love advice on how to get better with junglers that need farm / don't build gp5 (leesin for example i suck with him...would like to get better)

TL;DR - 1186 Elo Scrub looking for advice on how to get better and possibly reach gold in season 3.

Excrempus

11-14-2012

I'm saying this as a thing I noticed even though I wasn't high ELO. What you want to do is not think in the terms of someone at a higher ELO in terms of playing safe and just farming. While this is important at all levels in lower ELO its even more important to punish every mistake the enemy makes. If they don't back and are at 20% health kill them.

Never blame the game on someone else theirs always something you could've done better while they made mistakes so did you. If the jungler didnt Gank when you were losing lane then think about what they are trying to do, alot of times when I jungle I try to help the lane losing but more importantly give the lanes winning an even bigger advantage. If the support doesn't ward as much as is usual think about the little gold income they do have and buy some wards to help them out, until you have full items there should pretty much always be a ward slot open or with a ward or two, the AD C is the only one that constant wards in inventory is actually non-beneficial unless they backed and they need the ward for their lane.

Try to take the lead and call out or ping for doing dragon or baron, take turrets think of objectives as a points system, the enemy nexus the highest value player kills the least. Avoid as many deaths as you can, even if you lose lane its better than the enemy getting fed. GP/10s aren't only for support and jungle and can be your friends in a harder lane. Defensive stats are another great way to help you.

The more practice you get the better you become higher ELO starts don't always help in lower ELO. Get the match ups right and gauge your opponents capabilities as fast as possible. Look for their habits if they start moving toward blue huff and your jungler is close enough trying to contest then getting it could turn your lane around or into a greater advantage.

Map awareness is key always check the map if someone is running toward you you could try and help them but don't do it if it gets you killed for sure as well. If they rage just mute and be done with it its a team game yes, but in every team someone needs to take the lead.

Their are a lot of people who should be higher ELO because of the way they think and play but they aren't because at different ELOS there are different things you have to do to win.

Sorry for the wall posting on phone so don't quite see how the message looks.

Bueszien

11-14-2012

One thing that really messed with me last season was playing around with different champs in ranked. What I'd do it play some non-ranked matches. Pick about 2 champions per role you want to work on. Practice those champs for a few games each and any role you're not great in, practice that even more. The more games you get in with stuff you're currently uncomfortable with, the better you'll be able to assist other players in solo Q. Solo Q isn't always about hard carrying yourself. Sometimes, it's about good decision making and inherently carrying yourself so you can make your teammates better. Making your team better is probably one of the most difficult things to do, but after you develop the ability to adapt to different roles, you allow the randomness of solo Q and other's abilities to shine a bit better. That's why decent players like Destiny who are moving from SC2 to League are struggling to jump up to pro ranks. Every once in a while, you'll come across players who won't listen, period, but you can't expect to win every game. You just gotta put away the frustrations, do your role the best, lead when you need to lead, and follow when you need to follow. Most games in mid-elo are won or lost by dysfunction or coordination. If you can run every role to a decent level, it'll make things a lot easier. I like to jungle, but I've put in a lot of hours in other roles, and now, with the new season, I actually rocked out Support, probably my worst role, but put in some time with support Fiddle, and it's working out well.

Bueszien

11-14-2012

Also, here's an excellent post to read. Gives some awesome advice: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1498738

Selcopa

11-14-2012

Focus on always making the right decision every instance of every game. Even the "hopeless games" go over your replays to spot mistakes you missed the first time around

Don't worry about the elo number. If you clean up your mistakes. Your elo will rise

SynSasion

11-14-2012

I know its hard but try to stay positive.
Ask for stuff nicely.

I always keep cool even if someone is raging and cursing in my face.

Get a good grip on all lanes to increase your versatility in solo, but master a lane for team ranked games. What I really despise is the first pick calling something like top or mid and completely disregarding the option to trade... /cringe

Punpun Onodera

11-14-2012

hi

id recommend you play some custom games and practice getting that perfect cs

it goes a long way at your elo!

otherwise everything kind of takes practice

TooBeastIy

Recruiter

11-14-2012

Mid goes "plz give me next blue"
jungle responds "ask nicely and i'll give it when i feel like it"
mid goes to solo blue
jungle smite steals