Please remove back ping

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blues

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawlerBrawler View Post
No, we get what you're saying. Unfortunately for your argument, the retreat ping can in fact be used in other situations, and is therefore useful. Removing it is a nerf to player communication in a team game. How is it that you haven't gotten that by now?
I have. I understand.

I think it might be a problem with the general population of LoL being terrible.

Enviously

11-14-2012

If you already know you are going to win, why are you chasing when you could be securing more important objectives?

If you already know you are going to lose, what are you engaging at all?

Either way, you are doing a huge disservice to your team by not listening to teammates who are naturally going to have more awareness about the current situation than you, especially since they don't have to focus on how to keep themselves alive.

Elan Tedronai

11-14-2012

I don't use the warning ping on teammates I use it on the evidence I see that you should look at before you decide to do something. If I see someone is coming to flank you, I warning ping on them rather than on you so you know why I'm pinging what I'm pinging. Or if my lane is MIA I'll use the warning ping on my lane.

The warning ping merely needs to be used right, not removed. Don't warning ping teammates, warning ping whatever it is that is putting the teammates in potential danger so they see the evidence for themselves.

bunies

11-14-2012

not a back ping issue, its an idiot issue

Blues

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enviously View Post
If you already know you are going to win, why are you chasing when you could be securing more important objectives?

If you already know you are going to lose, what are you engaging at all?

Either way, you are doing a huge disservice to your team by not listening to teammates who are naturally going to have more awareness about the current situation than you, especially since they don't have to focus on how to keep themselves alive.
I already know we're going to win the ****ing engage.
My irrelevant teammate who is either dead or somewhere else on the map thinks otherwise.

Can you read?

Seraphy

11-14-2012

you need it for when your saving a teammate - KNOWING you can delay the enemy AND get away, and your teammate on VERY low health thinks they should go back in and help you.
dude i just risked my ass to save you and you run back into them?
yellowping means gtfo

FighterRanger

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protomannnn View Post
I already know we're going to win the ****ing engage.
My irrelevant teammate who is either dead or somewhere else on the map thinks otherwise.

Can you read?
I personally think your judgment is compromised. You seem dead set on thinking you can win all the time, but your teammates generally disagree with you.

If the majority thinks differently than you, you should seriously re-think whether or not your perspective is correct. You may well be correct, but you still should reevaluate yourself. If you are dying because someone hesitated, the fight was WAYYYYYYYYYY closer than it should have been.