Should there be an energy ADC champion?

Yes 11 57.89%
No 8 42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Bolt, the Rifle of Valoran

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mookomaan

11-14-2012

Bolt
the Rifle of Valoran

Lore:
In Harsh times we make choices that determine whether or not we survive. Such a time fell hard on a young and impoverished peasant boy by the name of Boltren Gunn.
Losing both parents at an earlier age to war on the countryside, Bolt had no choice. It was kill or be killed, and as soon as he learned to hunt, he picked up his father's masterpiece bolt action rifle and headed across war torn Valoran, looking to survive. He took oddjobs such as what limited farm work he could do, as well as innkeeping. He soon realized handfuls of food wasn't going to cut it, and on one calm but rainy night he would get his chance. Upon working at an inn, he struck up a conversation with a Noxian mercenary contractor, and soon after being conned into a suicide mission for a small pouch of coin, he grabbed his rifle, gear, and wits. He and a group of headstrong young men were to assault a Demacian fort head on, holding a person of interest to Noxus, while a shadow team snuck in behind, clearing the fort and target. None of his crew bore and ranged weaponry, let alone any firearms, and right then and there it clicked that he was on a suicide mission. Or so he thought.
Night fell and the signal was given to begin the frontal assault. Within minutes, the handful of men were pin-cushioned with arrows, but Bolt took his time with his attack. Aiming carefully he would take out the archers who would check to see where he was in the bush, and move to another vantage point. He would shoot, the crackling roar of his weapon slicing the cool night air and did this until there was not an enemy left on the wall. Building up the courage to move out, he cut all the coin pouches from his dead companions on his way to the gate. An hour passed waiting for "shadow team", and assuming nothing went as planned he began to scale the gate, and made his way into the fortress tower. He emerged from the winding flight of stairs, passing the dead shadow team on the way, noticing bullet holes in them as well. At the end of the hallway stood unmistakably his target, and a rifleman-guard. Immediately, the guard raised his sights and fired, which Bolt anticipated and lunged to the left, concentrating the vector of the shot at the forehead of his adversary. A spray of red coated the wall behind the guard and left a shocked Demacian noble shaking in fear. Knowing the mission, he bolted his rifle, loaded the chamber, and raised his weapon. "NO WAIT--" was interrupted by a thunderous bang. He looted the area, including the failed shadow team and headed back to the Inn. He was greeted by an ecstatic Noxian and told him everything, that it was he who succeeded in completing the mission, and how he took out everyone one by one. The Noxian, realizing he had a potential partnership, made the mistake of saying, "there's more where that came from", revealing satchels of gold on his travelling coach.
"Good", Bolt responded casually as he rose his weapon and pulled the trigger.

- "Noxian blood, Demacian blood...it matters not. Money is money."

Stats:
Damage 48 (+3.2 / per level at 575 range)
Health 380 (+83 / per level)
Move Speed 310
Energy 200
Armor 16 (+3.1 / per level)
Spell Block 30 (+0 / per level)
Health Regen 5.15 (+0.50 / per level)

Bolt is an ADC that utilizes energy as a resource.

Abilities

Passive: Desperado
For every 5 points of energy you are missing, you gain 1/1.5/2 attack damage at levels 1,7,13 respectively.

Q: Sure-shot
Passive: Gain 5/10/15/20/25 energy per kill. Does not count when skill is active.
Active: While active, gain 5/7/9/11/13 % more range. Energy Regeneration is turned off until this skill is turned off.
Drains 10/9/8/7/6 energy per second, and in this stance you gain 10/15/20/25/30 % crit chance and tenacity.
Energy cost: 10/9/8/7/6 energy per second in 1/2 second ticks.
Cooldown: 4/3.5/3/2.5/2 second toggle.

W: Counter-Fire
*Killing enemy champions refreshes "counter"s cooldown*
Lunges 350 units in the direction of your cursor. You have 2 options;

If you do not choose to use the skillshot, you gain 10/13/16/19/22 % movespeed, and the energy you used to cast this is returned, for 3 seconds.

If you hit W again while in mid air, you shoot a skillshot nuke, dealing 55/80/105/130/155 + 45% AD in the direction of your cursor, 650 units, dealing true damage to the first target you hit, and 20% less regular damage for each enemy unit it passes through to a minimum of 40% damage. YOU DO NOT GAIN THE MOVESPEED AND ENERGY.
Energy cost: 85
Cooldown: 18/16/14/12/10 seconds

E: Flashbang
Throws a bouncing grenade that can bounce 2 times after it's 400 range limit, exploding on the second bounce OR on contact dealing 85/120/155/190/225 + 55% AP, blinding and slowing enemies by 20/25/30/35/40% for 2 seconds.
Energy cost: 80/75/70/65/60
Cooldown: 14/12/10/8/6 seconds

R: Dead-Eye
Marks an enemy champion (750 cast range), with your basic attacks dealing true damage to them, gaining 20/25/30 energy per basic attack and constant vision of them, and the ability to hit them with long range bullets (800/1000/1200 range) that deal 50/75/100 damage + 25% AD every 1 second costing 45 energy per bullet, activated by pressing R. Lasts 10 seconds. If the target is killed when Dead-eye is in effect, you gain the ability to use it again at the same cost.
Energy cost: 150/125/100
Cooldown: 1 minute 20 sec/1 minute/40 seconds

**And that is all! Don't forget the poll and feel more than free to comment or critique this concept, or to tell me if I messed up....or something is broken...

Fir Bholg

11-14-2012

Is he the actual rifle? Or is he the guy wielding the rifle?

Mookomaan

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fir Bholg View Post
Is he the actual rifle? Or is he the guy wielding the rifle?
The guy wielding the Rifle... You don't see a scary looking blade called Katarina now, do you?

Alucard Vanguard

11-16-2012

my only 2 problems is that with his E it sounds exactly like zigg's q just with a blind and slow. Maybe give it a knockback instead or knockup. Also reduce some of the true damage on the ult, basic attacks doing true damage has always been hard to balance, with both irelia and corki receiving a nerf for that and this seems not too different from a category from that.

Mookomaan

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard Vanguard View Post
my only 2 problems is that with his E it sounds exactly like zigg's q just with a blind and slow. Maybe give it a knockback instead or knockup. Also reduce some of the true damage on the ult, basic attacks doing true damage has always been hard to balance, with both irelia and corki receiving a nerf for that and this seems not too different from a category from that.
Yeah i've thought about the E a bit, but ziggs' Q travels further, and because of it's short range i think it is justified in being more of a defensive skill than an that of an offensive main skill. Also compared to Ziggs, the cooldown is MUCH higher.
The true damage only affects the enemy that has been tagged by the ultimate. I did this because most ADC have snipe-nuke ultimates (Ashe, Draven, Ezreal, to some degree Caitlyn). With that said, to compensate and deviate from the norm (as if i haven't done that already, this champ being an energy based ADC), I think that the true damage is justified. I do note that true damage is an issue on some characters such as the ones you've mentioned (and dont forget that **** Vayne... 2 OP passives, the hell were they thinking....).

Alucard Vanguard

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookomaan View Post
Yeah i've thought about the E a bit, but ziggs' Q travels further, and because of it's short range i think it is justified in being more of a defensive skill than an that of an offensive main skill. Also compared to Ziggs, the cooldown is MUCH higher.
The true damage only affects the enemy that has been tagged by the ultimate. I did this because most ADC have snipe-nuke ultimates (Ashe, Draven, Ezreal, to some degree Caitlyn). With that said, to compensate and deviate from the norm (as if i haven't done that already, this champ being an energy based ADC), I think that the true damage is justified. I do note that true damage is an issue on some characters such as the ones you've mentioned (and dont forget that **** Vayne... 2 OP passives, the hell were they thinking....).
Yeah i can see where you are coming from, I'm just sayin that the true damage should likely not be the majority of the damage i only skimmed over it so im not sure. But I also have an energy adc/mid/top (or mana idk yet prob energy though) so i know what you mean when you are trying to deviate from the norm =P
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2809406 this is mine if you wanna see it.

FooTL0ng

11-18-2012

Cool idea!!
Seems way to strong with some of his skills tho. I seriously think he would shut down any other RDPS in the game in a 1-1 fight with theses numbers (esp the 2 sec blind on a 6 sec CD. Not to mention up to 40% more CDR with runes/items). I also like the idea of a ADC that uses energy but i was under the impression that only Ionian champions/ninjas used energy as a resource.

Some questions for clarification:
-The energy restore on his Q works for all targets killed including minions right??
-I also noticed a cost of energy on the active of Q, does that imply that his crit% and tenacity wear off if his energy is completely drained??
-I find it interesting that you can forgo his using his skills and utility for extra dmg with his Q active, was that your intent??
-What is his autoattack range?? matters if its something like graves (525) vs. something like Cait (650)
-Lastly, his Q active also provides tenacity, i find that really odd on a RDPS carry... but if you intend to keep that in his kit will it stack with other tenacity items like champions with similar abilities (i.e. Irelia, Trundle).

Hope that helps and again cool concept

Mookomaan

11-18-2012

Thank you!
To address his 1-1 fighting power, I did this so that the importance of priority in a team fight would better reward the player overall in the match. Also, it can be used as a diving deterrent against assassin champions (Jax, Evelyn, Rengar, Noc, etc).

to answer questions (in order)
- Yes the energy does work on ALL targets, and was actually made for killing minions
- Yes. The effects of his Q active do drain off when you run out of energy.
- Again, yes. It was one of my intents was to make it a trade off; either constant and reliable damage for a long duration, or to use it at the end of a short, "bursty" combo.
- He gains a range boost with his active Q, so I would say.... 575 range.
- The tenacity serves as a dichotomy, and, alternative to his build. You can try tanky range dps with this guy (atmogs hammer with treads) to become a reliable skirmisher in a team fight, or just build him regular ADC (I.E., Phantom, Thirster, LW) and have the tenacity as an edge over other ADC.

again, thanks a ton for the in-depth analysis of my creation. Don't expact that a lot.

LionheartIII

11-20-2012

I like the idea and REALLY want another gunner, but u may wanna nerf the grenade a smidge as well as his ult, maybe hav it slow ur attack spd by 10-15% so ppl dnt just get phantom dancers and pentakill from a bush

Mookomaan

11-22-2012

bump