Duplico - The Inceptionist

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cherubdash

11-14-2012

I'm only just posting some ideas that I think would be a good champion, as I do not know how to make a proper champion concept guide and I think that if I put in any stats, I would make it op as hell xD So lets continue:

===============================================

Name: Duplico The Inceptionist
Role: Fighter, Melee
Appearance: I think Duplico should look like a mime, (like those actors who imitate, with no speech) and I think he should carry 2 knives placed behind his head or something, just a couple of knives somewhere, and he should wear a cape that has a weird magical symbol on it that represents the magical force he uses.
Dance: Finger Tutting

Lore: (not very good at this so don't judge me) Duplico had found interest in the fine works of mimes when he was young, he had always wanted to be one when he grew up, he practised and practised everyday, watching the professionals as they silently acted. Soon later, in his adulthood, he became a professional mime and he would perform every week.

As he was cheerily walking back home after a good show of his acting that night, in the sky, the moon was full and shined unusually brighter than normal, the moon's rays suddenly intensified and strangely feeling the power he held out his bare hands, and in a few seconds, there was a strange marking on his hands. He could feed a strong, magical force in his body, and he knew his life had changed. Weeks later, he discovered that he had powers that came from his miming, and he soon used it for evil. But, he soon was bored with no one to dare oppose him, no one to fight or challenge, and so he started training and his abilities intensified, stronger.

The elders of the league soon noticed this trouble and after Duplico was told that there would be people to challenge him, he was interested, but took his cautions, if they had lied to him, he would destroy every single one of them.

Champion Stats:
I didn't know what stats I should put for him so I'll just say some ideas:
I think he should be melee, he would be better off building ap, attack speed would be of average, just a bit lower than adc but not too low... But mainly I think he should be like Shaco?

Abilities:

Passive - Forceful Hand -
Every 3rd consecutive basic attack Duplico surges with energy and deals additional damage(0.15 of ability power) and a 20% chance to slow enemy attack and movement speed by 40%.

Q Ability - Dancing blades - 50/60/70/80/85 mana cost | 8/8/7/7/6 second cooldown
Duplico charges his knives with energy and throws them at a target (Ally/Neutral/Enemy) with enough force that they spin in a full circle dealing AoE damage(50/80/120/150/180) + (0.35 Ability power) to enemies around target and the target if it is an enemy.

W Ability - Hidden Vision - 45/50/55/65/70 mana cost | 10 second cooldown
Duplico starts acting so fast, he disappears from the enemies vision for up to 3.5 seconds (or until attacking/attacked), he gains 50% movement speed from the thrill of sneaking up behind an enemy and his next attack in 7 seconds will apply forceful hand and the slow is applied.

E Ability - Confusion wave - 75/80/85/90/95 mana cost | 24/23/22/21/20 second cooldown
Duplico moves his hands in a strange pattern and stuns all enemies in from of him for 2 seconds, (in a wave, like Chogath's W or Annie's fire wave) dealing 30/50/70/100/130 damage.

R - Ultimate Ability - Championception - 250 mana cost | 220/210/200 second cooldown
With intense focus, after channelling for 3 seconds, Duplico targets a champion (Ally/enemy) and his spells are changed for 3 minutes to the selected champion's spells. Bonus damage for duplicated spells, scale on ability power. This can be disabled by pressing a key like 7 or something?
=====================
After some of the feedback and me reading this with common sense, I think i should make the ultimate into this:
R - Ultimate Ability - Championception - 250 mana cost | 220/210/200 second cooldown after disabled
With intense focus, after channelling for 3 seconds, Duplico targets a champion (Ally/enemy) and his ultimate is changed into the target's ultimate ability, this effect lasts for 180 seconds. Bonus damage for duplicated spells, scale on ability power. This can be disabled by pressing a key like 7 or something?

And as I said before this is just some ideas, if anyone would like to improve this or remake it better, I dont mind and no negative comments please :S

Residue Fingaz

11-14-2012

I'll say...

This is one well thought out champion. i don't know if i should be afraid of the mime or entertained.
sorta how i feel about Jesters. damn that shaco...

anyway.. back to the topic at hand

Everything is solid.. Lore is cool. random. but nonetheless good.

the Skill Kit looks awesome.. BUT... his R could be hard for programmers To get every skill set to be recognized by this 1 champ, so many champs in league now, that can pose a problem.

I love the idea

overall review? 4/5

I like this champ

Check my work out sometime
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2796253

cherubdash

11-14-2012

Thanks, yeah when my friends were talking about this first and I said the same thing about how it would be hard to get the spells for the copying, and then when I wrote this I Was just like, meh they can always change something.

Or maybe the ultimate can copy a targets ultimate for 3 minutes? and 200 cooldown instead? GO KARTHUS.

Mookomaan

11-14-2012

Interesting ultimate, and a bit of critique to it as well;
I think the spells copied should be limited to Q, W, and E, with R as the reset button. Also, I find 3 whole minutes to be a little bit too long, but I see what you are doing with it.

cherubdash

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookomaan View Post
Interesting ultimate, and a bit of critique to it as well;
I think the spells copied should be limited to Q, W, and E, with R as the reset button. Also, I find 3 whole minutes to be a little bit too long, but I see what you are doing with it.
Although, don't you think that will take quite a lot of work as it will be more spells? and I think that some people would prefer using the ultimate :/

Albieant

11-14-2012

... shaco's little brother??? thats who it sounds like imo. however i LOVE the idea for the ultimate. but it sure as heck would suck for the programmers i think. i dunno.
his q is HILARIOUS!! though i dont like the idea of a teammate immobilizing me to do dmg...
"Duplico charges his knives with energy and throws them at a target ({!!Ally!!}/Neutral/Enemy) with enough force that they spin in a full circle"
"spin in a full circle" = halt of directional momentum
i would NEVER lane with this guy as a team mate. the potential for team griefing is HUGE with that.

his stun is also OP. AoE stuns with a short cool down are a nono. all AoE stuns have SOME tip off or set back
a) some sort of a cast time [i.e. morgana ult]
b) prereq for activation[i.e. kassadin]
c) super short range[i.e. jax]
other than those things i think its a pretty solid idea. keep at it man

cherubdash

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albieant View Post
... shaco's little brother??? thats who it sounds like imo. however i LOVE the idea for the ultimate. but it sure as heck would suck for the programmers i think. i dunno.
his q is HILARIOUS!! though i dont like the idea of a teammate immobilizing me to do dmg...
"Duplico charges his knives with energy and throws them at a target ({!!Ally!!}/Neutral/Enemy) with enough force that they spin in a full circle"
"spin in a full circle" = halt of directional momentum
i would NEVER lane with this guy as a team mate. the potential for team griefing is HUGE with that.

his stun is also OP. AoE stuns with a short cool down are a nono. all AoE stuns have SOME tip off or set back
a) some sort of a cast time [i.e. morgana ult]
b) prereq for activation[i.e. kassadin]
c) super short range[i.e. jax]
other than those things i think its a pretty solid idea. keep at it man
xD The Q is like how zilean's bomb u can place on ally, haha and as i said, you can help me improve this ( the stun and stuff, i dont know this kind of stuff) but yeah the ulti would take long to make, ooh and i changed the E up there, see if that's better

Holydemonhero

11-15-2012

Ditto champs are always tricky, but with his ult to change to any champ could you imaging 2 darius, jax, lee, modekaiser on same team???

Fenstick

11-15-2012

I just feel sorry for the poor soul that accidentally picks Jayce/Nidalee/Elise with his ult. xD

cherubdash

11-26-2012

Sadddddface