Karthus ULT Considered KS?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ravel

10-06-2010

Kill-stealing really only applies imo if it is a tank/support stealing a kill from somebody on your team who is either very item dependent, or is a carry (which are typically very item dependent anyways).

Most people who ***** about kill-steals from one carry to another, or from tank/support to carry are probably only complaining because they need the KDR to please their epeen. Most tanks and support will realize that gold from kills is usually best spent on your team's carry, and that while you may not be getting lots of kills, you are allowing that carry to do his job: KILLING.

I would much rather have a 10-0-0 Twitch than a 10-0-0 Rammus.

Liz Vicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2010

Really there are two cases you shoudl be ulting. When you are dead, when you are not in combat and still want to contribute.

WarlordLucifer

10-06-2010

I for one make NO excuses for killing someone, if they are in rage, I attack, simple as that, the goal is to kill them, if there is even the slight possibility that he could flash away in a second and get to safety, you are not doing your job if you don't attack.

******s just want to rub their e-peens with their stupid K/D ratios, **** them, it's a team game, not a ***** massage.

CuteFluffyBunny

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etyn View Post
If the Karthus is on my team, no it is not a KS.

If the Karthus is on the other team, yes it is KS'ing and I will remind the other team about it every time Karthus uses his ult to get a kill. I do this to break the enemy team down mentally.

War. It is an Art.
This man speaks truth.

SubmergedEagle

10-06-2010

Ok, I main Karthus a lot because of his general dependability in a team fight, and the fact that he can do more team damage than almost any other champion when used correctly. People who complain about other champions being gear dependant don't have much experience with Karthus.

Unless a kill was 100% guaranteed (when is this truly the case?), Ult away as Karthus. Do what you think is best in the situation, if you won't need it, use it. If you want to save it, then save it.

Karthus takes a LOT of gear (thus a lot of gold) to be good, or even decent. He is as vital if not more so than the ashe, or trist carry. His ult can do 1000dmg, which is amazing, but his true value in a team fight is defile. I can get it to tick for 150-200dmg a second, and using wall to keep them slowed (and rylais), can usually shred a tankish team for my teammates to finish.

I almost always die in a team fight because even with RoA, and Rylais, Karthus is squishy, but his passive + defile + Ult mean that he still has 8 seconds to destroy the enemy.

In this manner I play a sacrifice Karthus, and it often leads to an "ace" with 4 of my teammates up, and me 2-3 kills richer.

Phutch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
To use Karthus effectively you actually ult prior or right after a team fight starts not nail a triple kill.
There's no need when you're sunfire karthus.

wissmongler

10-06-2010

if im playing support/tank..i generally let my carries or mages ks.....who the fuk cares. If im a carry...i try to ks everytime.

IntFam

10-06-2010

If used correctly, I never consider the Karthus ult a KS. Sometimes it's all you can do to get that last hit in.