List players banned

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vulgarwolf

11-13-2012

Riot should implement a name and shame strategy in an attempt to educate players.

Each week players who receive a ban should be named in a thread that goes from week to week. It shows people who report that the tribunral is working, and as a community we can see if the punishments are growing each week or getting less and less, in my opinion that will determine whether the community is capable of learning or not

/discuss

SoresuMakashi

11-13-2012

I'm sure that there have been some psychological studies on this sort of thing. I'm not an expert so I can't say whether this would work.

This probably won't happen though. Naming people is explicitly against the forum rules.

LittleDi

11-13-2012

Actually think about that for a moment and then read some of the forum posts in this thread.

There's plenty of people who post their perma ban and then we inform them why already.

vulgarwolf

11-13-2012

I look at it from the point of view with specific people you see reported..is justice being served on them

Sharkpants

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
Actually think about that for a moment and then read some of the forum posts in this thread.

There's plenty of people who post their perma ban and then we inform them why already.
Sadly, they can still argue that they release their own information "at their discretion." :/

Perhaps just releasing a number of summoners banned in X amount of time?

Putting peoples names out there can create a negative effect on the receiver of the banned, and even making a number makes it look like Riot takes pride in taking a generally fun experience away from these people.

While, yes, it may be their jobs to remove unruly players from the game, it doesn't seem right to openly release these statistics. I like the Report Card idea Riot has now. I just wish there was some way to check your own standings, like how many times people have reported you and why.

vulgarwolf

11-13-2012

so they would be releasing a name...not a players personal details