Suggestion - Report Feedback + Reporting costs IP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XKGunbunny

11-12-2012

I'm fairly new to this game, been playing for less than a month, and I'm impressed by the Tribunal system. Even if there are some kinks in the system, I'm sure the Riot team will iron them out and all in all, its a fantastic system. HOWEVER, I have a couple of suggestions that might improve the reporting system.

1. Provide Feedback To Players On Their Reports. We have a system that provides tribunal judges feedback on their decisions, why not provide something similar to reporting players? If their report makes it to tribunal, allow them to see how it was judged by the community so that players get a better sense of what is and isn't punishable behavior. I will admit, there is a bit of vindictive motivation behind it but let's be honest, many of us would LOVE to know that jerk they played with/against got exactly what he deserved. Also, if a player is reporting often but his reports end in pardons, he gets feedback indicating he should cut back on reporting. This leads to my second suggestion which is...

2. Make Reporting Cost IP. Now before you grab your pitchforks, hear me out. I'm going to make up some figures off the top of my head but let's say they set the price at 40 IP to report. Then, if the report makes it to Tribunal and results in a punish, that 40 IP is refunded to the player along with the feedback letting them know their report was warranted. If it ends up in a pardon, then the 40 IP is forfeited. While I'm at it, why not make it fluctuate. For instance, if a player reports and pays the 40 IP, but it results in a pardon, then the player forfeits the 40 IP AND the price goes up to 60 IP for the next report. If the next one ends up in a pardon then the price goes up to 80 IP and so forth. But what if a player reports 100 times and 15 end up in a pardon? Include a reduction in reporting price say, 5 IP per report that results in a punish. Additionally, the price goes down by 20 IP for every 10 consecutive games WITHOUT a false report. For the most part, most players would be paying 0-20 IP per game except for the report happy players who would quickly find that it would cost them 100-200 IP to submit another false report.

I don't know, a lot of this is off the top of my head. What do you guys think? I'd like to hear your input.

Ofermod

Recruiter

11-12-2012

This system would hurt new players, who need to save up IP for champs/runes, while allowing those who have all the champs/runes they want to still falsely report with impunity. Also, not every report ends up in the Tribunal. It takes more than just one or two games reported to reach the Tribunal, which by your system would lead to a lot of reports without refunded IP.

Sunkill

11-12-2012

good idea~
my idea is
1.each game 5 reports you will sent to the triunal and wating for judge.
2.every players got 3 report chance per day.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

so now you would have to pay for being abused?

and have to pay even more if people pardoned the person who abused you?

wow

XKGunbunny

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post

wow
If they got pardoned, then wouldn't that insinuate that you were NOT abused? If they are punished, then you get your IP deposit back and nothing is different for you.

WuffleWuffle

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKGunbunny View Post
If they got pardoned, then wouldn't that insinuate that you were NOT abused? If they are punished, then you get your IP deposit back and nothing is different for you.
How about if you report and your report is validated by a punish result, you get bonus IP? Like, maybe 5 additional IP? That also encourages you to report when its warranted, rather than worrying you might be throwing away your IP.

XKGunbunny

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuffleWuffle View Post
How about if you report and your report is validated by a punish result, you get bonus IP? Like, maybe 5 additional IP? That also encourages you to report when its warranted, rather than worrying you might be throwing away your IP.
I suppose that kind of makes sense, the reward would be for actively putting in an effort to help better the community.

Emailsupport7346

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post

wow

Well, see it the other way round. At the moment you can abuse for free.

However a fix to the Tribunal could make this idea obsoelt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuffleWuffle View Post
The problem is, as the tribunal kinda punishes almost everything at the moment this would be a very efficient way to farm IP.