End of season patch error

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElegantDolphin

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry PhantomO3O View Post
guys in china...
well.. i was pretty boring so i try to use VPN to update my lol...
and it actually work= =...
it really works,use any VPN can update the game .want more people can see this .

dashwinner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

thanks for the vpn info, i will try it tonight after work.
my question is do you need the vpn just to upgrade, or do you need to keep it on to play?

dabox83

11-15-2012

For all Chinese users only solution is VPN. I tried everything before.My VPN is always on but normally been used for browsing only,you will have to adjust your VPN settings and switch to complete invisibility in order to be able to update(at least thats how my software works).
You dont need on for playing afterwards

dashwinner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabox83 View Post
For all Chinese users only solution is VPN. I tried everything before.My VPN is always on but normally been used for browsing only,you will have to adjust your VPN settings and switch to complete invisibility in order to be able to update(at least thats how my software works).
thx!

J4ckBlues

11-16-2012

Quote:
Well,I have to Thank You First because This Method did solved my Patcher Problem,Yet,Another Problem Occured,When I had finished The Patchin,I Clicked Play full with Excitement,The Login User Interface Didn't Pop Up As Usual.....Any Clue How To Solve This?PS.I Used SSH to Download The Patch,It would be much appreciated If anyone could help.

Birdzonfire

11-16-2012

Quote:
thanks a lot!!!

CrawlingNose

02-24-2013

I know this thread is fairly old, but I had the issue recently, and I figured out why it was happening (to me at least). There is an internet filter on my computer which for some reason blocked the site l3cdn.riotgames.com by default (its where some patch data is downloaded from). All I had to do was allow that web site in the filter and it worked fine. This would also explain why VPN would allow download, since they will get around a lot of internet filters. So if you have some type of filter on your computer - Sonic Wall, Covenant Eyes, Net Nanny, etc. try to look into temporarily deactivating it or figuring out which site it is blocking and allow it.