Seeders

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GeckoKun

11-14-2012

I just played my second ranked match in season 3 with a cousin. We duo'ed bottom, and we did pretty good in our lane. Even though we won our lane, all the other lanes lost.

During champion select, it is mentioned that a few of them have less than 30 matches in ranked.
Me and my cousin both have over 200 games played each in solo queue, and even more in 5s and 3s.

My question is, why are seeders being placed in the same team as people with loads of experience? I find it hard to raise my elo above that point, especially when these players are usually at the top of the pick list and assume they are better, regardless of how many games they have and end up taking the carry roles.

They are literally jumping into ranked, blind. They have no idea what they're going up against.
This isn't normal. People are trying their best to raise their elo.

GinCtrl

11-14-2012

I wish Riot would see posts like this and take into consideration the amount of experience people have before placing them into queues. Ranked should be broken up by experience because it isn't fair having a "captain" instalock mid and then feed when it's their first game. It screws over good people who got that low because other people can't play their roles.

Berserkor

11-14-2012

From what I understand, the person at the top of the list usually has the highest ELO..

Berserkor

11-14-2012

Oh and also, just because you have 200 games doesn't make you better or more experienced. It just means you played more games.

adc

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserkor View Post
Oh and also, just because you have 200 games doesn't make you better or more experienced. It just means you played more games.
You... I... I literally don't know how to respond to this post, so I'll default to being a dick:

You do realize that is the literal definition of "more experienced". There is nothing that more represents more experienced than having played more games. To have more experience is to have done something more. More games = more experience. And more experience generally translates into higher skill. Dyrus didn't start playing League of Legends and go pro in his first game. He played a lot of League and got that good.

Also, yes. The highest Elo in a ranked queue is placed at the top. Generally this means that they're better, but for a new player who just won a game because they were carried it can spell disaster. I'm a "veteran" of 2.5k~ games, and I consider myself fairly good. But if I were 1150 Elo - which I thankfully am not - I may be rated below that guy who just hit 30 and wanted to try out ranked, so he's going to instalock mid and feed because he's bad, and I'm going to be forced to support and lose because my team is a bunch of feeders again.

gogy09

11-14-2012

Because you are duoing, therefore according to Riot's logic they stick you with all the low noobies. I had the same problem when duo queuing with my friend. That's how it is.

GinCtrl

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post

Also, yes. The highest Elo in a ranked queue is placed at the top. Generally this means that they're better, but for a new player who just won a game because they were carried it can spell disaster. I'm a "veteran" of 2.5k~ games, and I consider myself fairly good. But if I were 1150 Elo - which I thankfully am not - I may be rated below that guy who just hit 30 and wanted to try out ranked, so he's going to instalock mid and feed because he's bad, and I'm going to be forced to support and lose because my team is a bunch of feeders again.

You just described a typical lobby for me.