Toxic Behavior....

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RaspberryYumYum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
RIOT GAMES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU, AND WITH NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND TO YOU.
...just saying. Riot has every right to ban this account. Maybe not ethically... but legally.

mackman

11-18-2012

I have faith in Riot. They've overturned unjust bans in the past, even fired Rioters who abused their power. If this ban was unjust, I believe Riot will admit it and overturn it. If it's not unjust, I think riot will tell us what they can.

Malvolent

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I'm looking into this case. It's a bit complicated and is not a straight forward toxic behavior case. It does not have anything to do with 3xecutioner's games with a Rioter. Rioters raging definitely isn't ideal behavior but we need to handle that separately and that is not the reason for this ban.

An important distinction to note is that bans that don't end on 2286 (straight forward toxic behavior permanent bans) tend to be unique cases that are not discussed openly on the forums. The only reason it took so long to respond to the thread isn't because it's a lose-lose situation or Riot made an obvious error; to be honest, I've just been sick for a few days and not posting much. statuskwoh mentioned this thread (and the Reddit thread) to me, so I figured I'd give everyone a heads-up first that we'll follow-up on this case in the next few days.
Whats 2285 mean?

PARTOFTHESYSTEM

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvolent View Post
Whats 2285 mean?
It's basically how I'm banned til 2222, due to a billing issue.
2285 is the ban "date" for straight forward toxic behavior permanent bans.

Takary

11-18-2012

That's wierd can't wait to see what happen next im so glad that din't happen to me lol,

No Lol for 1 mouth NEVER !

Luden

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-18-2012

my own speculations:

they draw a few with random.org, ban them.
those who got banned but still wants to play? make new accounts and buy tons of rp. take vman as an good example.
the result -> more profit than they would have made otherwise.

Now being serious, I would like to see what the legitimate reason for this is.

The White House

11-18-2012

My friend was banned like this. He played like 100 games soraka mid in ranked and too many people reported him I guess so he got a perma.

The White House

11-18-2012

Being permabanned can teach only 1 thing. Never spend any real money on RP because of this risk.

You think I will spend a single cent after reading this forum Riot?

3xecutioner

11-18-2012

Quote:
I'm looking into this case. It's a bit complicated and is not a straight forward toxic behavior case. It does not have anything to do with 3xecutioner's games with a Rioter. Rioters raging definitely isn't ideal behavior but we need to handle that separately and that is not the reason for this ban.

An important distinction to note is that bans that don't end on 2286 (straight forward toxic behavior permanent bans) tend to be unique cases that are not discussed openly on the forums. The only reason it took so long to respond to the thread isn't because it's a lose-lose situation or Riot made an obvious error; to be honest, I've just been sick for a few days and not posting much. statuskwoh mentioned this thread (and the Reddit thread) to me, so I figured I'd give everyone a heads-up first that we'll follow-up on this case in the next few days.
Thank you Lyte. I appreciate your help.

Lemurmoudy

11-18-2012

Quote:

then WHY WAS THIS THREAD MOVED INTO THE TRIBUANL WHEN IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TRIBUNAL...

We all know you are a good guy lyte...But the handeling of these situations has been attrocious.

I recieved the exact same thing, and I cant even get a reply from support after a week and a half ticket.