Loading Screen Borders

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devious Machine

11-13-2012

I would like to say that never in the original post did it say loading screen borders were queue specific. It says icon will be queue specific not loading screen borders.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/s...atings-changes

Now I saw somewhere else that some one said it was on the faq. I would like to say that the faq wasn't created until after season 2 ended. If the information was out there that the loading screens were queue specific it was not really well spread.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2796322

Riot Please comment on this lack of knowledge before the season ended.

EDIT: If the rewards were subject to change then why was there no disclaimer in the original post? Also if they specified it for icons why not take another few seconds to also specify it for borders?

Seravertei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Yes, it was a bit misleading. I was also under the impression that the border would just match your highest rating achieved.

Matthevv

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Actually it was posted a couple times by some Riot members well before the season ended. Like weeks before. That being said, yes they could of communicated that better however in the end it makes no difference on when you found out about this detail. If you were good enough to get a high elo in solo queue then you would of already gotten it. If you can only get a high elo in ranked teams then you are probably just getting carried.

IMO if Riot didn't make this decision then I would not give a **** about my gold rewards since soo many bad players got carried on ranked teams for their rewards.

Elendien

11-14-2012

There are plenty of players who were misled by the information that Riot put out before the end of season 2. They specified that the icons would be queue specific and then said nothing about the loading screen borders being such.

Devious Machine

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthevv View Post
Actually it was posted a couple times by some Riot members well before the season ended. Like weeks before. That being said, yes they could of communicated that better however in the end it makes no difference on when you found out about this detail. If you were good enough to get a high elo in solo queue then you would of already gotten it. If you can only get a high elo in ranked teams then you are probably just getting carried.

IMO if Riot didn't make this decision then I would not give a **** about my gold rewards since soo many bad players got carried on ranked teams for their rewards.
Maybe I just don't like solo queuing because i play mainly supports and junglers. To you thing about me being carried, Me and my friends made the team and in the same day got gold in 3v3 (maybe a lil more than a day, made it late in the night and finished the evening after). Now if they said somewhere that it was queue specific, they should have updated the original post instead of leaving it as is and misleading a lot of people.

EDIT: also please provide links to this info.

MLY Carbonide

11-14-2012

Agrreeeed

Matthevv

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendien View Post
There are plenty of players who were misled by the information that Riot put our before the end of season 2. They specified that the icons would be queue specific and then said nothing about the loading screen borders being such.
You are just flat out wrong, they couldn't of possibly misled anyone about this detail considering that they did not have the details completely finalized. Misleading the player base implies that Riot had planned for loading screen borders to behave this way from the beginning, which they didn't.

If you cant get a high rating in solo queue then chances are you didn't deserve your rating in ranked team queues. There are exceptions to this but for the most part it is true.

Devious Machine

11-14-2012

Quote:
You are just flat out wrong, they couldn't of possibly misled anyone about this detail considering that they did not have the details completely finalized. Misleading the player base implies that Riot had planned for loading screen borders to behave this way from the beginning, which they didn't.

If you cant get a high rating in solo queue then chances are you didn't deserve your rating in ranked team queues. There are exceptions to this but for the most part it is true.
If the details weren't finalized then why did riot even make a post about the rewards without a disclaimer saying they are subject to change.

Matthevv

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious Machine View Post
Maybe I just don't like solo queuing because i play mainly supports and junglers. To you thing about me being carried, Me and my friends made the team and in the same day got gold in 3v3 (maybe a lil more than a day, made it late in the night and finished the evening after). Now if they said somewhere that it was queue specific, they should have updated the original post instead of leaving it as is and misleading a lot of people.
I have many friends who got to platinum in solo queue by playing only support. I think you are just not a gold level player and you exploited the extremely easy 3v3 ranked queue to get a cheese gold rating.

Also it was not misleading at all, for 1 you are using the wrong word for this situation and 2 in no way did it state that the loading screen border would be for every queue. All it said was that you would get a border, well guess what? You got one. Next time try getting gold in a real queue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious Machine View Post
If the details weren't finalized then why did riot even make a post about the rewards without a disclaimer saying they are subject to change.
AGAIN THEY DIDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING THAT THEY SAID. Nowhere did it say you would get the border for every queue. You got gold and you got a gold loading screen border, Riot delivered exactly what they promised.

Devious Machine

11-14-2012

Quote:
I have many friends who got to platinum in solo queue by playing only support. I think you are just not a gold level player and you exploited the extremely easy 3v3 ranked queue to get a cheese gold rating.

Also it was not misleading at all, for 1 you are using the wrong word for this situation and 2 in no way did it state that the loading screen border would be for every queue. All it said was that you would get a border, well guess what? You got one. Next time try getting gold in a real queue.

AGAIN THEY DIDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING THAT THEY SAID. Nowhere did it say you would get the border for every queue. You got gold and you got a gold loading screen border, Riot delivered exactly what they promised.
But they did specify that in you would get icons per queue, if they did it for icons why not just specify it for borders as well?