Zed Jungle, please stop it summoners

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-14-2012

theres a difference between jungling and being a jungler.

Zed is great for jungling
Zed is not a very good jungler

The champion spotlight showed off his jungling not his jungler style I think

XxxKarma

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshironikko View Post
i would say he is pretty much in the same boat as shyvanna when it comes to ganking - prob should go smite exhaust on him - flash not really necessary as he can shadow clone over walls and such just my two cents
This is probably one of the only posts on this thread that makes any sense at all. He has ultra great clear times and despite what is being said in this thread he has a cc. Shyvanna has NO cc at all but she has her movement speed. Zed has his Shadow, slash slow combo along with allowing him to teleport making him better. He is BRAND NEW people, players have to learn how to use him just like EVERY OTHER CHAMP in the game. I have jungled with him and did what this guy says "apply pressure to the lane" as appropriate. Ganks dont always end up with kills obviously since singed is probably one of the hardest tops to gank as well as say possibly yorick but that doesn't mean that just because you dont kill the player that its a fail. if the player isnt farming properly anymore or is dead OR if they are not there due to having to go back that removes the possibility they can properly level and farm aka successful gank.

People that play LOL seem to think the game is about killing playes. its not. its about tearing down towers and wrecking the Nexus. Despite the fun factor in destroying players it is not the goal of the game. However if the champs don't properly level and get items they become useless and it makes wrecking towers worlds easier aka a successful gank earns a point in this goal.

Zed is no chump when it comes to -> Shadow near the gankie - slash the target - teleport to the target - Exhaust - proceed to slaughter till either dead or target flashes.

If this doesnt work it doesnt matter if you are zed, shyvanna or shaco you failed in your gank attempt.

If you are having a hard time ganking as zed - and as shyvanna - get a phage and call it a day. MANY MANY games i have picked up a long sword and pots first on these types of tough gankers and rushed a phage while getting movement speed masteries and runes and getting boots after my first gank.
Zed has his flash ability built in giving him a similar edge to shyvannas speed but he has a slow unlike her as well as he has great ranged ability and his ultra short slash. His ultimate is not needed to successfulyl gank early it just makes it easier. not to mention repeated shadow slashes slow the target. learn the character before saying he doesnt have x ability when clearly he has one.
no he doesnt have a stun - does every jungler have a stun? shaco doesnt. neither does shyvanna, dianna, mundo, evelynn, hecarim, kha'zix, lee sin, nunu, rengar or trundle but they successfully can jungle gank with slows and other things too. learn the character before you start bashing it.

Learn the game and junglers are not nearly as "fail" as most of these thread posters claim it is.

Cynical Addict

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarKillir View Post
This is probably one of the only posts on this thread that makes any sense at all. He has ultra great clear times and despite what is being said in this thread he has a cc. Shyvanna has NO cc at all but she has her movement speed. Zed has his Shadow, slash slow combo along with allowing him to teleport making him better. He is BRAND NEW people, players have to learn how to use him just like EVERY OTHER CHAMP in the game. I have jungled with him and did what this guy says "apply pressure to the lane" as appropriate. Ganks dont always end up with kills obviously since singed is probably one of the hardest tops to gank as well as say possibly yorick but that doesn't mean that just because you dont kill the player that its a fail. if the player isnt farming properly anymore or is dead OR if they are not there due to having to go back that removes the possibility they can properly level and farm aka successful gank.

People that play LOL seem to think the game is about killing playes. its not. its about tearing down towers and wrecking the Nexus. Despite the fun factor in destroying players it is not the goal of the game. However if the champs don't properly level and get items they become useless and it makes wrecking towers worlds easier aka a successful gank earns a point in this goal.

Zed is no chump when it comes to -> Shadow near the gankie - slash the target - teleport to the target - Exhaust - proceed to slaughter till either dead or target flashes.

If this doesnt work it doesnt matter if you are zed, shyvanna or shaco you failed in your gank attempt.

If you are having a hard time ganking as zed - and as shyvanna - get a phage and call it a day. MANY MANY games i have picked up a long sword and pots first on these types of tough gankers and rushed a phage while getting movement speed masteries and runes and getting boots after my first gank.
Zed has his flash ability built in giving him a similar edge to shyvannas speed but he has a slow unlike her as well as he has great ranged ability and his ultra short slash. His ultimate is not needed to successfulyl gank early it just makes it easier. not to mention repeated shadow slashes slow the target. learn the character before saying he doesnt have x ability when clearly he has one.
no he doesnt have a stun - does every jungler have a stun? shaco doesnt. neither does shyvanna, dianna, mundo, evelynn, hecarim, kha'zix, lee sin, nunu, rengar or trundle but they successfully can jungle gank with slows and other things too. learn the character before you start bashing it.

Learn the game and junglers are not nearly as "fail" as most of these thread posters claim it is.

Truely said!!

GuyWonder

11-14-2012

Avatar, that was an excellent post. Nobody ever understands jungling. Ganks ending in kills are great but they're not guaranteed. I have yet to play with a Zed yet as I have not logged in yet, but I will be playing solo top Jarvan with a friend who will jungle Zed.

In my opinion Zed isnt a bad jungler, just needs some more burst than other champs. Plus he is new. What would people say about Shyvana if she were just now released?

Ashlea

11-14-2012

I haven't won a single game where a Zed was jungling.

.. Oh wait, I haven't won a single game where Zed was anything. He sucks.

JRotund

11-14-2012

OP says Zed is a less than ideal jungle.

Multiple posters compare Zed's jungle to Shyvanna's jungle.

OP is proven to be correct.

Sniper77

11-14-2012

Maybe when i began this thread i might have been a little upset with my experiences with Zed as a jungler.

I understand that there are bad/selfish players that can give a class, especially a new one, a bad rep.

Maybe what I asking for is that people play in bots with a new character, dont just go "Ill try Zed in this pvp match" when you just learnt the skills. Im sure the will be dominant Zed players and that what is intended by riot, make lots of champions so that players can find the right class for them to play.

Just please, summoners...... Think before you lock!

xJLx MCHammer

11-14-2012

I tied jungling today. My teammate were Malp, Lux, Taric, and Ezreal and it worked out pretty well. Tell them not to waste their hard CC until you come and it's a guarantee kill

Axiom Prime

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elodin View Post
Shyvana says "hi"

Also, after the jungle change, Zed will be more appealing because early game ganks are going to be less viable and farm junglers will be more appealing. Zed CAN gank, he just can't gank as hard as other people and do all the lane's work for them.

Zed is much more of an effective counter jungler. Though his ganks do work post 6, he's more about farming the jungle and counter jungling until late game where he can shine.

oBlacknova

03-07-2013

I personally like Zed jungle, if your lanes are pushed then you obviously cant gank anyone...but who can?

Once i hit 6 i can take out carries easily with the support of bot lane...guess it depends on who you are against really.