Loading Border Should Be Based on Queue

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

seajaydub

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdrows View Post
I mean...Riot did mention in the end of Season 2 FAQ what queue's certain borders were going to be shown. There is no excuse for not at least trying to get platinum in solo queue. Riot was even trying to promote play in all three queues rather than one specific.

Though I agree that for normal 3s, your ranked 3s border should be shown.
By that time it had already decayed to 1700 lol. I can't blame Riot for it, it's just kinda unfortunate.

Samdrows

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajaydub View Post
By that time it had already decayed to 1700 lol. I can't blame Riot for it, it's just kinda unfortunate.
Yeah that decay is pretty brutal. Though I managed to climb from 1400 - 1850 in like a few weeks, so it was possible to get back elo loss by the end of the season.

Synthesse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Yegg already commented on this:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31387796#post31387796

Sauron

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajaydub View Post
Thank you, kind sir.

You could also make normal games just show the highest border you have attained, but that would probably be wishful thinking. I just despise solo queue and do not want to be forced play it if I want to earn a border.
I agree, I'm primarily a Dominion and TT player. It's not that I dislike SR, I just want shorter games. I got to gold in solo and 5's queue and just stopped there.

It's actually kind of funny to see Dominion games right now -- because it goes by solo queue, there's like 1 diamond player, 2 platinum players, 100 gold players, 3 silver players, and 4 borderless players. Would really make things look better if it used the highest queue for normals instead of just solo.

Coretex

11-14-2012

Bump because I agree, Showing silver even though I got gold in both other queues really sucks

Silphire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I generally agree. I'll bring this up with Yegg.
Thank you Morello.

Elite Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I generally agree. I'll bring this up with Yegg.
Morello wants his diamond loading screen border

Alumenlux

11-14-2012

In ranked 3s/normal 3s loading screens, ranked 3s border should be shown

In normal games/solo q games/ranked 5s games, the border shown should be the highest of solo q/ranked 5s.

If you're diamond in ranked 5s, intuition dictates that you deserve to have a border shown in normals/solo q and vice versa. Obviously there's a distinction between the two but ultimately it's the exact same map. My 2 cents =]

NameNotHere

11-14-2012

Good guy morello

Slinkywheel

11-14-2012

i was expecting to have the border from the highest but anyway what the op says is right