For those considering voting Punish for Intentionally Feeding....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFlyingSpoon

11-14-2012

Make sure you check the amount of assists a player has.

A

0/20/1 k/d/a

is WAY different from a

0/20/10 k/d/a

only1legend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

also, checkout their build and read the chatlog thoroughly. If there are zero complaints of said player feeding chances are it wasn't on purpose. Even still you would have to try and weed out the fake "feeding" complaints. Intentional feeding can be a real tough one to judge.

WCDireWolf

Recruiter

11-14-2012

I only punish feeding when its blatant, and am far more willing to excuse it if its even reasonably "close".

Stefen

11-14-2012

This is one of the glaring issues with the tribunal. The insistence on pardoning someone who was intentionally feeding, while someone who uses strong language is banned. If you ask any serious ranked player which they would rather see punish, they will ALWAYS say the intentional feeder. Players who ruin games with the actions of their champion are far, FAR more detrimental to everyone's enjoyment than someone who swears.

It's 2012- EVERYONE swears. Everyone. Seriously, this game has age restrictions AND a language filter- If you remove your filter, where is the logical basis for submitting a report? You've implicitly agreed to wanting* to see strong language by turning the filter from its default setting.

Back to my original point- Intentional feeders would be FAR more obvious if tribunal judges could see the basic account stats for the reported player: account level, total games played. I was recently in a game where a player with 1-10 with yi. He would intentionally run into the other team 1v3+ and feed. Then he'd say in chat: "Yi is best" "I call cheat" "What is troll". Based on the posts I've seen recently, most tribunal judges would argue to pardon that player with the argument "He was probably a new player, the chat log from his teammates could be lies" Infuriating! That player was on a level 30 account with 1250+ wins. He wasn't new, he wasn't having a bad game, he was INTENTIONALLY ruining the experience for the NINE other players in the game. Pardoned under current tribunal logic. When the feeding player's teammates grow angry and use strong language- they open themselves up to a potential permaban. Broken system.

dixon balsagna

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefen View Post
This is one of the glaring issues with the tribunal. The insistence on pardoning someone who was intentionally feeding, while someone who uses strong language is banned. If you ask any serious ranked player which they would rather see punish, they will ALWAYS say the intentional feeder. Players who ruin games with the actions of their champion are far, FAR more detrimental to everyone's enjoyment than someone who swears.

It's 2012- EVERYONE swears. Everyone. Seriously, this game has age restrictions AND a language filter- If you remove your filter, where is the logical basis for submitting a report? You've implicitly agreed to wanting* to see strong language by turning the filter from its default setting.

Back to my original point- Intentional feeders would be FAR more obvious if tribunal judges could see the basic account stats for the reported player: account level, total games played. I was recently in a game where a player with 1-10 with yi. He would intentionally run into the other team 1v3+ and feed. Then he'd say in chat: "Yi is best" "I call cheat" "What is troll". Based on the posts I've seen recently, most tribunal judges would argue to pardon that player with the argument "He was probably a new player, the chat log from his teammates could be lies" Infuriating! That player was on a level 30 account with 1250+ wins. He wasn't new, he wasn't having a bad game, he was INTENTIONALLY ruining the experience for the NINE other players in the game. Pardoned under current tribunal logic. When the feeding player's teammates grow angry and use strong language- they open themselves up to a potential permaban. Broken system.
So did you end up reporting the Yi? if you didn't, then you're the reason the system is broken.

Tswizzle SF

11-14-2012

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte
[NEW] Why is verbal abuse punishable if there is a mute button/language filter?
Players shouldn’t need to rely on features like the mute button or language filter to engage with other players in positive ways. When a player verbally abuses another player and forces him to use the mute button, they have already created a negative experience for that player.
Hope that explains it.

dixon balsagna

11-14-2012

Also, mr stefen, just saying "****" and "****" a couple times isn't gonna get ANYONE banned, its when you start calling people ****er or BR or some other racist **** that makes you look like a total idiot

Stefen

11-14-2012

Dixon- yes, I reported him. And sadly, you're wrong about swearing. As Lyte is quoted in the post above you, under the current rules swearing DOES warrant a ban. Twizzle, I understand Lyte's position- he's just wrong. That's the problem. The filter is on by DEFAULT. They don't TURN it on because of negative players, it's ALREADY on- UNLESS they WANT to see the language.

Tswizzle SF

11-14-2012

Quote:
Dixon- yes, I reported him. And sadly, you're wrong about swearing. As Lyte is quoted in the post above you, under the current rules swearing DOES warrant a ban. Twizzle, I understand Lyte's position- he's just wrong. That's the problem. The filter is on by DEFAULT. They don't turn it ON because of negative players, it's ALREADY on. UNLESS they WANT to see the language.
I'm also 25 years old and I can handle people using swear words. I turn it off because I don't like having to see ***** appear all the time in chat. It's like watching censored episodes of South Park vs the uncut ones - if I had the choice, I would watch the uncut version every time.

Guiness17

11-14-2012

I hear what you're saying Stefan, but we can only work with what we have - and the way it is right now, short of someone saying in chat 'I'm going to feed, nah nah nah' it's pretty hard to punish.

I got reported because of my side of one of those games - two guys feeding badly, 5 minutes in their Kat was 6/0 or something.
I didn't feel like wasting half an hour of my time so posted in chat that I was going afk. Came back to multiple chat messages from them saying I was being reported.