Riven: The Goddess of S3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nishaven90

11-13-2012

I'm actually going to be more concerned about Pantheon top lane to be honest.

Mahgnificent

11-13-2012

Wukong + Black Cleaver.

His ult ticks 4 times per second. :L

FacePunching101

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

inb4 AD malphite is going to be FoTM

Protect me Tomoe

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by relevantex View Post
1. Everything Riven has scales off AD, including her shield. If you're not prioritizing damage on her you're just doing it wrong.
2. If your goal is just to disrupt in the middle of a team fight you're playing the wrong champion - play Maokai, Shen, Malphite, etc.
3. Riven's core items are a Bloodthirster and Guardian Angel because she's extremely aggressive and wants to do as much damage as possible with that chaos.
4. Her mobility lets her dash in and out when necessary. Why bother with 3+ defensive items when her kit gives you the ability to avoid damage already?
5. She is item reliant. Again, if you're just trying to disrupt for your AD carry pick Amumu or something.
See, what you're doing here is telling me I'm wrong.

I'll never admit I'm wrong.

(edit)

That, and because of her insane AD scaling she doesnt need as much as other champs. Items that give defensive stats AND attack damage are her best friends. A beefcake shield that's even tougher due to her resistances is the way to go. You cant just go glass cannon. It's entirely impractical with melee champs. A little bit of HP and resistances go a long way, and considering she's an all in champion that maw's extra AD from being low and FM's slow are great compliments. She isnt a support fighter (as you're putting words in my mouth), but she's a great all round champion that should be built durable with a lean towards attack damage.

Mythrarin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

I hope you don't mean that Riven gets lifesteal from using her spells with Hydra, because that's not how the item works. You just get lifesteal from the splashes of the auto attacks, like you would with a normal auto attack, and the active affect, but the lifesteal isn't going to be 100% of your lifesteal, like how spellvamp takes a penalty against AoE spells.

Also... why so excited about the new Black Cleaver? It's not like 25% reduction is better than 40% penetration, especially because of the change in penetration priority in season 3.

relevantex

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youmu Will Fight View Post
See, what you're doing here is telling me I'm wrong.

I'll never admit I'm wrong.

(edit)

That, and because of her insane AD scaling she doesnt need as much as other champs. Items that give defensive stats AND attack damage are her best friends. A beefcake shield that's even tougher due to her resistances is the way to go. You cant just go glass cannon. It's entirely impractical with melee champs. A little bit of HP and resistances go a long way, and considering she's an all in champion that maw's extra AD from being low and FM's slow are great compliments. She isnt a support fighter (as you're putting words in my mouth), but she's a great all round champion that should be built durable with a lean towards attack damage.
You can easily have Guardian Angel, Merc Treads, and a Frozen Mallet in the build I posted. Or Guardian Angel, Ninja Tabi, and Maw. So...I don't really see the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwolf92 View Post
I hope you don't mean that Riven gets lifesteal from using her spells with Hydra, because that's not how the item works. You just get lifesteal from the splashes of the auto attacks, like you would with a normal auto attack, and the active affect, but the lifesteal isn't going to be 100% of your lifesteal, like how spellvamp takes a penalty against AoE spells.
Agreed. How is that not awesome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwolf92 View Post
Also... why so excited about the new Black Cleaver? It's not like 25% reduction is better than 40% penetration, especially because of the change in penetration priority in season 3.
They're different items for different roles. Black Cleaver is better against lower Armored targets period. Plus with Tiamat/Hydra Riven will be reducing everyone's armor in the vicinity - not just her target. Meaning during late game when people have high armor the AD carry with a Last Whisper can come in and really destroy everyone after Riven reduces their armor, especially because of the priority change in season 3.

Bear Furlong

11-13-2012

Your forgetting that all this armor pen also works against that build. People will squish her instantly if they choose to. Especially since GA is getting nerfed.

Terethial

11-13-2012

I wish GA was removed

Voidgolem

11-14-2012

Quote:
find the OP Renekton, Fizz, Orianna, Nautlius, and Lulu builds.
Well, going by what information we have already...

Tiamat/Hydra basically made me go "RENEKTOOOOOOOOOOOON" the moment I saw the stats. Throw in Cleaver and uber-SV for flavor.

Fizz/Ori I'd need more examples of S3 AP items, though for Ori I foresee funtimes with Seraph/Protect.

Naut will likely enjoy that rumored +100% AS-for-a-short-time item and possibly Spirit Stone, depending on how his jungle stands.

for Lulu...Sightstone already strikes me as probably OP with today's mentality.

Overall it's too early to form a concrete opinion since we don't know all the facts, but what we do know has me all hyped up.

Miirik

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeciEVE or AFK View Post
Ori and riven really -are- op though
Riven is nowhere near OP, good lord man, what are you on about?

Orianna with blue is among the most OP things in existence, though :3. Orianna with unholy grail and blue buff? you already lost the lane.