How do placement matches work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Nearby Shrub

11-13-2012

Just want to know if it is based 100% off of the win loss you get in the matches and not how you actually do in them.

Selcopa

11-13-2012

Placement matches is just accelerated elo swings. Typically you win or lose 12 elo. But during your first games you start out winning and losing 50 elo. And gradually that number goes down. The longer you streak the longer your number stays high

After 77 games it goes immediately to 12 elo regardless of what you were getting before

A Nearby Shrub

11-13-2012

So, even if I do really well in my placements say, 14-5-8 or 11-7-19 but still lose because people focus the tanks like leona or irelia i'll be put in ****ty elo?

Arthainius

11-13-2012

i started 4-1 and was put at 1162 wtf

SynSasion

11-14-2012

after soft reset, i dont think everyone is placed into a hard 1200 elo.
So if you won 4 and lost 1 but was placed into 1162, you were probably lower in season two.

Selcopa

11-14-2012

No. You get placed at low elo because you weren't skilled enough to win the game. Blame ask the teammates you want. But you are making mistakes that better skilled players don't make. Even if teammates are making more mistakes than you.

Placement matches are not a life sentence. If you get placed too low. You will be winning 70%+ of your games. And if you aren't. Then you probably didnt get placed much lower than you belonged