The Dreaded Comcast Latency Monster!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L3tt3r5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-13-2012

So.. For the past 3 weeks my download speed and upload speeds have been 35mbps and 15mbps. However, my ping has been going through the roof to over 800m. I am experiencing huge packet loss ratios. I've had Comcast for over a year and never a problem till now. I read online thousands of people are having the same problem as me. Smooth sailing for a few hours and then unbearable lag for 10 hours straight. I've ruled out the router, firewalls, and modem as a problem. I've had technicians to my house as well, and still no progress on getting this fixed. Does anyone else have this problem or heard of a fix for it? Help!!

L3tt3r5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-14-2012

No one?

ShadowAurion

11-14-2012

I've been having a similar problem, actually. We have comcast here as well, and about two months ago we started having really unstable internet. It used to be that people could be on youtube and stuff, streaming whatever... and LoL would still run perfect. Now, as soon as somebody starts streaming or DLing or whatever, our ping skyrockets. Never used to be this way. When did it start happening for you, boss?

iamtheunseen

11-14-2012

Started 3 weeks ago for me

Konphujun

11-14-2012

If you've tried everything else, you might want to look into Leatrix. Might help, might not, but anything is worth a shot at this point, right?

EDIT: Here's a link explaining how it works. If you're experiencing packet loss this might actually be just what you need. Disregard the wowinterface part, it was just originally designed to work with WoW and other MMOs, but it helps on just about every online game I've come across.

http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.p...731&pageid=246

ShadowAurion

11-14-2012

I might try that Leatrix program. Not sure how well it'll work holding our latency down with everybody else on the internet at the same time, but it's worth a try - you're absolutely right. Thanks a bunch, Konphujun.

Konphujun

11-14-2012

Sure thing man, just make sure you let us know if it helped in case others have the same issue.

L3tt3r5

Recruiter

11-14-2012

So far no fix has been found :/

Stevev45

11-14-2012

This might be obvious, but make sure no programs start running in the background.

This could be...
1) online backup program
2) anti-virus program
3) malware/virus
4) some program checking for updates
5) some program updating/downloading an update
6) peer to peer progam running
7) someone in the house streaming on a different comp. In my house hulu doesn't affect my lol latency, but the CBS website destroys it.

L3tt3r5

Recruiter

11-14-2012

Thanks for the suggestions, but the thing is I can be home all alone and nothing will work smoothly. Not even xbox live. It might work for an hour then lag for 6 hrs then work for 10 the times are completely sparadic