Please Add More AP Items with Armor!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nurucio

11-13-2012

I've lost count of the amount of items an ADC or an AD top can add to their builds for Magic Resist. There is about one item that an AP can get to get armor. Seeing as an AP can typically do damage in bursts, and AD carries can pretty much auto attack people to death, I find the lack of armor items that give AP disturbing. With the introduction of Maw of Malmortius, there was no item introduced for AP which was the equivalent. Being auto attacked to death with very little way to prevent it isn't really fun, especially when the person attacking you can easily negate a chunk of your damage.

Glow Flies

11-13-2012

The thing is zhonya's is viable on pretty much any caster. There are very few aps that "can't" build it. I agree with you that there should be a more defensive item for casters. It shouldn't be even close to maw, taking more of a utility route with very little ap.

An idea of what I mean would be 20 AP, unique passive-when hit by an auto attack the attacking champion is given a debuff that lowers AD by 10 stacking up to 3 times. Unique active-Surrounding units' attack damage and lifesteal are lowered by 20% for 1 second+.2 seconds for every 100 ap you have.

SerratedBlaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

whats this item that has AD and armor? if you are talking about atma's then there is a specific niche where its useful (since not everyone benefits from crit all that much or has the hp to make it worth money)

I would love another item for both AD and AP which has some bit of armor on it. Can't most casters use glacial if they realllly wanted some anti AA defense? not that it works with anyone other than ryze and malphite.

Krìn

11-14-2012

See my thread here
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2770119

I'm trying to get Riot to address the issue.
It's nice to see more people think the same thing.