Anyone get Dragon Tamer Lulu?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jobbernowl

11-13-2012

I got it the second it came out.

Would have even bought it if it was legendary. ^.^

I love it so much.

Blaster

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I know this isn't my area of expertise, but if you found your purchase worth it and enjoy the skin, is it ripping someone off? I'm not sure I get that.
It is semantics, but you are right, if at the end of use of the lulu skin he/she feels she has gotten more enjoyment that he/she did for a 975 skin of the same caliber(let us say arcade sona, dinosaur cho, bunny teemo) then no it is not a rip off.

But if she/he didn't then yes, he she payed more than they should have to get an inferior product for more, simply because of an impulse buy.

I for one, think that skin would probably be worth as much as its priced, but changing your pricing system leaves everyone poorer, and im not about to pay another 5 bucks to get that skin when i purposly saved 990 for the next awesome skin to come along

Also, i don't understand why you would even raise the price...

I took high school economics and there were those graughs, and at lower prices MORE PEOPLE bought more of the product, generating more profit(sometimes) than higher prices (because less people bought the higher prices stuff) and with digital goods that do not have a production/distribution cost after it is made( meaning you can sell 1 million and it'll cost you the same as selling 1) I don't see why you wouldn't aim more towards an even LOWER price. 975 seems likea good number where it is at. infact probably a perfect number. and legendary skins should probably be around 12 bucks.(1600) not 15~1860

Amiithystine

11-13-2012

Quote:
I know this isn't my area of expertise, but if you found your purchase worth it and enjoy the skin, is it ripping someone off? I'm not sure I get that.
Well I mean, it's a good skin. I love having it, it's just not par with other skins that are cheaper.

In the same way that I love having Annie in Wonderland, despite that there are numerous other Legendary skins that are far better.

So, yeah fiscally, it wasn't the greatest purchase. However, I'm not terribly upset by that, and it doesn't eclipse the joy I have in owning the skin. I hope you understand, I'm not angry with Riot or anything, I just feel (as many others) that the skin isn't worth its price objectively, though I still really love the skin myself.

Edit: Or rather, it is exactly par with skins that are cheaper. Notably the various 975 skins with the same elements as DTLL... just cheaper.

Ryuuguu Komachi

11-13-2012

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix my "Purchase RP" store option? I'm dying to get this new Lulu skin and for whatever reason I can't purchase Riot Points. It gets to the amount selection screen and then does nothing whatsoever.

Please help!

Amiithystine

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raemor View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix my "Purchase RP" store option? I'm dying to get this new Lulu skin and for whatever reason I can't purchase Riot Points. It gets to the amount selection screen and then does nothing whatsoever.

Please help!
Did you try the support forums?

Nularia

11-13-2012

Dafaq, how did I get two reds back to back in this thread o.o....

I've never had reds in my threads before, though, I have to say I played a game with Dragon Trainer Lulu, and I'm absolutely adoring the skin, worth EVERY riot point ^_^

Sephtis

11-13-2012

Quote:
I can go to burger king, buy a burger, enjoy the meal, but feel awful cus I know I paid more than double what that burger was worth, and wish I hadn't gone.

We can't even feel that remorse properly here because refunds arn't working :@

Just because an overpriced item can make you happy, does not mean the price is correct.

Ryuuguu Komachi

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Gummy View Post
Did you try the support forums?
Yes, I have posted there numerous times now across the past week. I haven't received a response from any of them.

Primanocte

11-13-2012

Quote:
What's not to get? You've never over paid for something? A car, a hooker, a videogame, you can enjoy them all immensely even though you know toy paid more than they're worth.

Soiyeruda

11-13-2012

Quote:
First "official" response to DT Lulu's RP price and it's directed at someone trying to act conflicted and not at any of the other threads/responses that clearly explain what's wrong with the skin being priced at 1350. And yes, the skin is overpriced for what it offers.