Anyone get Dragon Tamer Lulu?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cytus

11-17-2012

Still waiting.

ArbatrazSquizz

11-17-2012

I bought it and feel ripped off.

Allow me to clarify though.

I do not think the skin's quality is 1350, but I bought it for the sake of the fact it was 1350, if that makes any sense. The simple fact of it being 1350 conveys a rarity that as someone that plays main support, I bought, even though the skin itself I don't feel is worth it.

To better try to articulate what I mean, I almost never play Brand but bought Zombie Brand for the rarity of the skin. That technically is me being "Ripped off" since I am not receiving the full value of the skin, but down the road, I will appreciate the rarity for rarity's sake and so I made the purchase.

Returning to Dragon Tamer Lulu, I do not think that skin was 1350 quality. I don't think there's enough different on it to justify it. But it's still a strong skin, and I just happen to have the RP sitting there anyway. Would I have bought the skin if I didn't have the RP sitting there? Honestly, probably not. But again, support skins feel so rare (I know, I know, Arcade Sona), that I just wanted to jump on teh opportunity, and since I had the RP anyway, I bit the bullet on it.

Doesn't change the fact I don't think it should have been priced over 975. 1350 just wasn't "so far beyond" that I found it outrageous. I was willing to spend the RP, but I don't think it was appropriately valued.

Lesthrid

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garzek View Post
I bought it and feel ripped off.

Allow me to clarify though.

I do not think the skin's quality is 1350, but I bought it for the sake of the fact it was 1350, if that makes any sense. The simple fact of it being 1350 conveys a rarity that as someone that plays main support, I bought, even though the skin itself I don't feel is worth it.

To better try to articulate what I mean, I almost never play Brand but bought Zombie Brand for the rarity of the skin. That technically is me being "Ripped off" since I am not receiving the full value of the skin, but down the road, I will appreciate the rarity for rarity's sake and so I made the purchase.

Returning to Dragon Tamer Lulu, I do not think that skin was 1350 quality. I don't think there's enough different on it to justify it. But it's still a strong skin, and I just happen to have the RP sitting there anyway. Would I have bought the skin if I didn't have the RP sitting there? Honestly, probably not. But again, support skins feel so rare (I know, I know, Arcade Sona), that I just wanted to jump on teh opportunity, and since I had the RP anyway, I bit the bullet on it.

Doesn't change the fact I don't think it should have been priced over 975. 1350 just wasn't "so far beyond" that I found it outrageous. I was willing to spend the RP, but I don't think it was appropriately valued.
You shouldn't have bought it. That's what they want. They are testing to see if we will still buy at a higher price range. If you knew you were being ripped off you should have just averted your eyes from the skin. Each person who buys the skin is one more point in favor of 1350 skins becoming a trend.

DoctorBen

11-18-2012

bump

DoctorBen

11-26-2012

bumping again

Light Fantastic

11-26-2012

I don't know how anyone could consider themselves "ripped off" when there are skin spotlights all over Youtube, you can see the skin in-game and you're warned of the price upfront.

Burger prices at airports are a rip-off. This? This is just expensive.